$25 NLHE Full Ring: Should i have folded

K

KingCakeSuited

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I tried finding good hand converters, but it got all messed up when copied the actual text here, so ill just post the link to the hand replay if thats okay, and next time i will try to paste everything here.

Anyways, played 25NL and the button re-raised, i figured his hand range was going to be semi tight, but since he was on the button i was expecting a more loose range.

How did i play it? Should i have folded earlier? Maybe raised higher on the Turn to scare him from seeing the river? I was sure i was value betting, cause i didnt expect him to have 10 7, so straight wasnt a concern. Me holding a J, made it less likely that he had a J, and 67s was something i thought was a bit too loose to re-raise with, even for the button

https://www.weaktight.com/h/5cddf047d3904316408b46c0

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If your using a hud they convert it into a readable text to copy/paste to the forum. I know for holdem manager 3 you right click on the hand you want. And then select View and copy the hand to the clipboard in the format of your choosing from the drop down list. Then you can paste it to the forum in a readable text when you post it .

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With the hand i dont like calling the 3bet pre oop with AJs i would fold or 4bet. I dont like the donk lead on the flop or the barrel on the turn and im not thrilled with the check call on the river. But you won so what do i know. :p

C

chiefmax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. you should 4Bet or Fold preflop. 2. you cant lead OOP vs the aggressor with a weak ace on the flop, you just fall into way too many traps. If you are going with a call preflop you should have check called the flop. if he checks back the flop you can lead the turn. and if he raises that much on the river its a definite fold.

C

chiefmax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Another note, you should NEVER lead OOP vs the aggressor on the flop. you should be checking 100% of your range.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it was fold in the pre-flop after the 3 bet, then it would be important to know the information you had from the villain I think that I had not played that hand, and if I had done it would have been more aggressive on the turn, but I repeat for me was fold in the pre-flop

K

KingCakeSuited

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh wow good points here, i do think i understand a bit more, im sorry this was posted twice for some reason, so an admin could remove one of the posts, i didnt get a notification when it was posted..Anyways, But how do i know when i should fold and when to call? That is something that i find very difficult. If i was him in that spot, with a low pair and a low kicker, i would fold probably when I bet. And what difference would it do that i check and then call, instead of betting right away?

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh wow good points here, i do think i understand a bit more, im sorry this was posted twice for some reason, so an admin could remove one of the posts, i didnt get a notification when it was posted..Anyways, But how do i know when i should fold and when to call? That is something that i find very difficult. If i was him in that spot, with a low pair and a low kicker, i would fold probably when I bet. And what difference would it do that i check and then call, instead of betting right away?

Take a read of this thread.
https://www.cardschat.com/forum/cash-games-11/6max-preflop-charts-429255/

Z

zuker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you should fold against unknown 3b range. if you know he is loose you have to 4bet because you are oop.
as played jost check/call

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You don't beat anything on the river. All hands worse happily will play check-behind

Folding in Poker