MP: $15.76 (63 bb)
MP+1: $24.15 (97 bb)
LP: $27.09 (108 bb)
CO: $46.39 (186 bb)
BU: $38.18 (153 bb)
SB: $24.75 (99 bb)
BB (Hero): $25.55 (102 bb)
Pre-Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BB with Kd Ks
3 players fold, MP+1 calls $0.25, 1 fold, CO calls $0.25, 1 fold, SB raises to $1, Hero 3-bets to $3, 1 fold, CO calls $2.75, SB calls $2
Flop: ($9.25) 9c 4s 5d (3 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $4.42, CO calls $4.42, SB raises to $21.75 (all-in), Hero?

CO stats: VPIP 44 / PFR 22 over 9 hands
SB stats: VPIP 25 / PFR 13 / 3-bet 3 over 91 hands

My balance on PokerStars reached 1.000$ yesterday. I have decided to go with a 40BI bankroll management for now, so its time for some 25NL. I previously have only around 5k hands on this limit from back in 2018 and early 2019. Back then it was really difficult to find good tables, but that is completely changed now. So feeling pretty confident about this. Starting of the adventure into 25NL with a classic Hold´em or Fold´em spot.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In preflop against loose villains I would choose a larger size. The SB performs a standard semi-adjusted OOP raise, so hero could print more money on the 3-bet OOP line. X4.4 would work better here since you have a great hand and it is the right time to eliminate multiple ways or charge the maximum price to see the flop.
On the flop the board is dry and the hero bet is relatively standard for the texture. We don't really run any risk in this place, but I think that in a 3-ways pot it would not change much the call ranges if we apply a slightly bigger barrel, something closer to 60% of the pot. Right now we get value from minor combinations, connected broadways, and the full range of semi bluffs that these villains might have.
When SB pushes on this texture, it is important to remember that CO represents a fairly open range, therefore especially towards which the weight we chose for our barrel should have been directed.
If we only base the decision on the SPR, this is an instant call. However, as you say 90 hands is a biased sample of information. But in 90 hands, we have to collect the few times this villain made a preflop raise and estimate his average attack range structure. If the villain plays his strong hands aggressively, now we only have 6 AA and 3 9-9 combos left to beat us. If we believe that this player can only have these hands in range, we should fold. Otherwise this is a very comfortable call, where we will be ahead 86% of the time.
Greetings.

C

Casey55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
since SB flat called hero’s 3bet pre I put his range on 99-QQ, Hero block KK and slight chance he just called with AA. I think Co has called flop with his 9x range or possible gut shots . I like a call and expect to see PP because of strong X/R multi-way with bet and call already. If he has AA making note if he has 99 making note

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for the input. I agree, that this is fairly standard call, mainly because SB can have a worse overpair and decide to just go with it because of the low SPR. So I did in fact call, the fish called as well, and this is, what happened:

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/724xODhJd

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The Leveling Wars, Episode I: The Fish Menace

PokerStars, Hold'em No Limit - $0.10/$0.25 - 9 players
Hand delivered by CardsChat - https://www.cardschat.com/hand-converter.php
UTG: $58.35 (233 bb)
UTG+1: $25.00 (100 bb)
MP: $15.76 (63 bb)
MP+1: $24.15 (97 bb)
LP: $27.09 (108 bb)
CO: $46.39 (186 bb)
BU: $38.18 (153 bb)
SB: $24.75 (99 bb)
BB (Hero): $25.55 (102 bb)
Pre-Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BB with Kd Ks
3 players fold, MP+1 calls $0.25, 1 fold, CO calls $0.25, 1 fold, SB raises to $1, Hero 3-bets to $3, 1 fold, CO calls $2.75, SB calls $2
Flop: ($9.25) 9c 4s 5d (3 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $4.42, CO calls $4.42, SB raises to $21.75 (all-in), Hero?

CO stats: VPIP 44 / PFR 22 over 9 hands
SB stats: VPIP 25 / PFR 13 / 3-bet 3 over 91 hands

My balance on PokerStars reached 1.000$ yesterday. I have decided to go with a 40BI bankroll management for now, so its time for some 25NL. I previously have only around 5k hands on this limit from back in 2018 and early 2019. Back then it was really difficult to find good tables, but that is completely changed now. So feeling pretty confident about this. Starting of the adventure into 25NL with a classic Hold´em or Fold´em spot.

The Preflop

What a nasty spot huh? Well, it is impossible to assign SB's range here since it will never have KK+ for example. So, most of times we are going to be destroying OTF when this situation happens because neither CO nor SB demonstraded to have AA on their ranges here, so...SB, being a weak player will call with 22-QQ, best case scenario. It could/would call with a lot of spaz suited broadways, best case scenario, period.

the postflop

The Flop

I really not into bluffing my value range here, perhaps only 99 that would have Top Set, but even so, I am checking 99/Top Set on this flop in a decent frequency. So, I would not c-bet here out of position with TT+ for example, I would not try to bluff my spaz AK, AQ, AJ, and the reason is very simple, CO and SB can represent all the sets and two pair because they called preflop and we don't. When they check-raise us, or ship all-in we feel ourselves into a very nasty situation, holding TT+, and sometimes we must go in.
It is a very classic exploitative scenario where either CO or SB can raise us with bluffs here, or even jam because they know it would be almost impossible to fold TT+ here.
The two pairs the SB can have are 54 that spaz decide to raise preflop and call oop, but not so likely as the sets/representation of sets.
SB can has any set right now, but by going all-in we understand that SB is trying to represent those hands. But does it make sense? We do have flopped a very good hand and we (SB) are giving away the chance of BB to bluff us a lot with TT+ and providing comfortable folds for AK, AQ, AJ, AT, KQ, you name it?
It is a very hard fold now, since CO decided to pay our 1/2 pot c-bet and SB ships all-in oop in relation to two players, thus giving us a very good price for the part of our range that 3-bets preflop and bets 1/2 pot out of position. (on one hand a very good price, on the other hand high variance spot).
Given that you are going more for spots of Hold'em or Fold'em I believe here we could be either folding or calling, we don't have information postflop and we are on the top of our range. If SB shows up some 99, 44, 55, good for it, because SB was trying to represent those hands versus a strong range of Hero/BB.
But there are many other stupid hands that SB could possibly have calld 3-bet preflop, such as TT, JJ and QQ, that believe they have supreme value on lower structure flops/turns and could be bluffing here versus Hero's AK, AQ, AJ, although I don't see Hero c-betting 1/2 pot here with many of these combos, perhaps the suited ones with BDF, but besides the Sets, SB's can have a lot of bullshit here, so we are never very wrong by calling here.
Never for information, but because we believe our range can be ahead here quite a few chunk of times, not always.

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice hand. Only thing I'm curious about is 3 bet sizing again. Since we have two limpers and are in the BB it seems small again to raise to $3 with $1.50 already in the pot, SB can pretty much never fold. Are we actively trying to keep other fish in? With no limpers I'm on board, but I'd hate for this to go 4 ways.

T

tatalarata

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pretty standard call otf imo, unless there is a lot of history of SB being a supernit.

Raise pre should have been higher, given there are 3 others. At least 4X, or more if you are sure SB is calling. If he has AA, happens, see you in the river.

40 BI seems just a tiny bit small. Perhaps consider 50.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
40 BI seems just a tiny bit small. Perhaps consider 50.

That is largely a matter of personal taste. In the few days since posting this the roll has already grown to almost 1.200$, and it would not be particularly reckless to take a small shot at 50NL. But since I still have less than 10k hands from 25NL on PokerStars, I prefer to stay there for now and grind it up slowly.

T

tatalarata

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is largely a matter of personal taste. With the low variance and high winrate, I am seeing in these full ring cash games currently, I could even go with 20BI and still be fine. In the few days since posting this the roll has already grown to almost 1.200$. I could actually consider taking some shots at 50NL, but since I still have less than 10k hands from 25NL on PokerStars, I prefer to stay there for now and grind it up slowly.

Yes, of course. I'm just giving you my take. I had a loong bad run a loong time ago, lost 60% of my bankroll in about 2-3 months, but was able to navigate it thanks to a deep BM.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Raise pre should have been higher, given there are 3 others. At least 4X, or more if you are sure SB is calling. If he has AA, happens, see you in the river

The first two players to enter the pot were limpers, which is a very different situation from someone opening, and then two players cold call, which would be a classic squeeze spot. Maybe the 3-bet could have been a pinch larger, but I have position on the opener, and I want the limpers to come along with their garbage hands. If I go so large, that they fold, they are not making any mistake, and it is other players mistakes, that allow us to profit. As in this case where I got one of the limpers to stack off his top pair on the flop against my overpair.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, of course. I'm just giving you my take. I had a loong bad run a loong time ago, lost 60% of my bankroll in about 2-3 months, but was able to navigate it thanks to a deep BM.

I had such a period on PokerStars as well back in 2018. However games are so much softer now, and winrates therefore also higher, that you dont need the same amount of cushion. So being overly conservative right now is missing out on a unique opportunity. Actually if someone is still grinding it out at limits like 2-5NL, they should really consider to make an additional deposit and move up right now, while there is easy money to be made at least up to 25NL.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had such a period on PokerStars as well back in 2018. However games are so much softer now, and winrates therefore also higher, that you dont need the same amount of cushion. So being overly conservative right now is missing out on a unique opportunity. Actually if someone is still grinding it out at limits like 2-5NL, they should really consider to make an additional deposit and move up right now, while there is easy money to be made at least up to 25NL.
This is the excuse I used to move up to 30NL with only $650 in my account lol. No risk, no reward right? Wish me luck.