BB: 160.36 BB
UTG: 105.6 BB
UTG+1: 43.16 BB
MP: 80.12 BB
MP+1: 95.44 BB
MP+2: 81.36 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has A A

fold, UTG+1 raises to 2.8 BB, fold, MP+1 raises to 4.6 BB, fold, fold, Hero raises to 18 BB, fold, fold, fold, MP+1 calls 13.4 BB

Flop: (40.2 BB, 2 players) J 2 J
MP+1 checks, Hero bets 10.04 BB, MP+1 calls 10.04 BB

Turn: (60.28 BB, 2 players) 7
MP+1 checks, Hero bets 45.2 BB, MP+1 raises to 67.4 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 22.2 BB

River: (195.08 BB, 2 players) 9

Hero shows A A (Two Pair, Aces and Jacks)
(Pre 87%, Flop 4%, Turn 2%)
MP+1 shows J A (Three of a Kind, Jacks)
(Pre 13%, Flop 96%, Turn 98%)
MP+1 wins 185.36 BB

An example of how I am struggling with loose opponents lately. I did not put AJs into his range because of my 4 bet preflop with him then calling oop. I suppose I could have gotten away form the hand on his turn 3-bet but at that point was getting 8:1 to call it off. thoughts?

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In a 4 bet pot, a single Jack shouldn't be in his range. But it was, and he actually had it. You could also have increased your 4 bet sizing to more like 23 BBs, which *may* have made him fold.

He's a bad player if he's putting in 18 BB pf with AJs, so stick around and get your money back.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are not getting away from this. However your turn bet was to large. There was no need to bomb it and almost make it a 2 street hand, when its an extreme way ahead way behind situation. He cant even really have backdoor spades here, since you hold As, so there is no need to bet big to "charge draws". Bet around 25BB on the turn, and then get the rest in on the river. This is the best way to suck hands like QQ or KK, which should be most of his range, into stacking off. If he check-jam or donk bet the river, I am still calling it off.

B

beginnerbot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When the SPR is this low, you are never getting away from your overpairs. However, I would use a smaller turn sizing, so I have a decent sized river bet.

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't really like to play a pair of aces. You have the strongest hand preflop, ranging from 4-5BB to all-in and on the flop comes something like a straight, flush, or trips as in this case. You have a presentiment that something was wrong, but somehow you don't want to retreat. The only thing that comes to mind is that after a paired flop I would try to invest as little as possible. But this is in theory, but in practice, most often everything ends in complete collapse.

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In a 4 bet pot, a single Jack shouldn't be in his range. But it was, and he actually had it. You could also have increased your 4 bet sizing to more like 23 BBs, which *may* have made him fold.

He's a bad player if he's putting in 18 BB pf with AJs, so stick around and get your money back.

If it were not for the size of the buy-in, I would have thought that the events take place in the freeroll. Most likely a 4-bet of 23BB would not have forced this player to fold. It's amazing how he didn't go all-in at all. I naively believed that maniacs are found only in freerolls. Looks like I was wrong!

U

UkoChebuko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can't "get away" with this hand. At this spot. This will be a mistake. Just a cooler. Doesn't matter at all. For your win rate.

Viparida

Viparida

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is a game of investment, preflop you had the best hand and extracted value, that was ok. But he just called you which already put him out of a monster hand. Then the turn came with 2 jacks and jacks were certainly in his range with aj and jj and i think that in the flop was your mistake. Your lost too much value with the jacks a check to control the pot would be the best option in my opinion.