$25 NLHE Full Ring: Facing min raise from likely fish

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First hand of the new year along with resolution to review the last session before i play another.

Its only a small one, villain was pretty unknown but i had an idea he was a fish with his stack size and loose stats - he turned out to be like 60/20 over only 15 hands.

So is folding to the minraise too weak here or is it fine? My reasons for folding were that playing OOP sucks and i didnt know whether he was really passive or aggro.

poker stars $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1577741
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

CO: $8.42
BTN: $17.08
SB: $16.73
Hero (BB): $25.00
UTG: $21.70

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BB with J :club: A :heart:
UTG calls $0.25, 3 folds, Hero raises to $1.25, UTG calls $1

Flop: ($2.60) J :heart: T :spade: 9 :diamond: (2 players)
Hero bets $1.50, UTG raises to $3, Hero folds

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even if he's raising KJ/QJ (which is unlikely imo), he has decent equity. The other hands he has here have you dead.

T

titan72offsuit

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to see more discussion on this because I am faced with it all the time on the new "blow-vada" where shortstackers are running rampant like the plague. They have patented this move. Most of the time I have found that either the villian is superstrong or on a oesd or FD.

How often is anyone peeling one off here with TPTK and re-evaluating the turn?

What if an ace hits the turn and villian checks - anyone betting?

If ace on the turn and villian bets 60-70% of pot on turn?

bgomez89

bgomez89

Resident Thugmaster
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you want to gamble, sure call the flop bet but just know that you're beat a ton of the time

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to see more discussion on this because I am faced with it all the time on the new "blow-vada" where shortstackers are running rampant like the plague. They have patented this move. Most of the time I have found that either the villian is superstrong or on a oesd or FD.

How often is anyone peeling one off here with TPTK and re-evaluating the turn?

What if an ace hits the turn and villian checks - anyone betting?

If ace on the turn and villian bets 60-70% of pot on turn?
Well if it's against a short stack you can just get it in on the flop with TPTK and never really be wrong.

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for confirming guys. Looks quite an easy fold now actually :)

gwaewar

gwaewar

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You're beat. Like baudib said, unlikely of KJ/QJ. I plugged in every combo of a possible straight in this situation (excluding KJ/QJ) and his number is around 63-64%. Added TT and 99, up to 66%. Could be Q8, could be 87. With the line of 60/20, Q8 isn't a stretch to me. Easy fold imo.

T

titan72offsuit

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You're beat. Like baudib said, unlikely of KJ/QJ. I plugged in every combo of a possible straight in this situation (excluding KJ/QJ) and his number is around 63-64%. Added TT and 99, up to 66%. Could be Q8, could be 87. With the line of 60/20, Q8 isn't a stretch to me. Easy fold imo.

Always helps when I see numbers. Guess I should be just giving this up more often and waiting for better spots.

jbbb

jbbb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Looks like a fish who doesn't know how to play 9s, Ts or Js. Limp-calling fits that range.