$25 NLHE 6-max: Weak draw with weak showdown value.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Essentially I have one of those "any line is good" hands. I could v-bet and get worse draws to call, I could turn it into a bluff, or just get to showdown maybe looking to bluff catch. Also, would your line change if I had the Q?

Villain is a bad loose/passive. AJ/AQ is probably in his limping range, J8/J7 is deffo in his range here. And this is an 8-game hand, so villain will be worse at NLHE than a normal 25NL fish.

Please show your work.

poker stars $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players

UTG: $25.99
CO: $25.38
Hero (BTN): $26.82
SB: $19.40
BB: $25.00

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BTN with 9 Q
1 fold, CO calls $0.25, Hero raises to $1.25, 2 folds, CO calls $1

Flop: ($2.85) T 9 K (2 players)
CO checks, Hero bets $1.85, CO calls $1.85

Turn: ($6.55) 5 (2 players)
CO checks, Hero ???

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, definitely one of those 'tweener' hands where our line probably doesn't matter much, but I think I'm leaning on betting. I think a big part of whether we keep betting, considering the read that villain is a fish, is whether he peels gutshots on the flop. He's never folding a pair, so we're not doing so hot there when he has any suited Kx and lots of Tx, but with the gutshots he's turned a FD like ~half the time and rarely folds, so that adds to our value.

I guess with the Qc it takes out some of his combos of FDs and adds more showdown equity for us so I'd be more likely to check back since the part of his range we're vbetting is narrower.

Maybe I'll do some EV stuff later but right now I'm a bit lazy tbh :eek: