$25 NLHE 6-max: Valuebetting myself to death

N

NoOneYouKnow

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villain is 37/13/2 (38)

I can't imagine this villain is ever ever bluffing this river, but I can not for the life of me put together a range holding for him. I had him on Jx the entire hand, hence the 3 barrels and I was somewhat surprised when raised.

PokerStars - $0.25 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

Hero (MP): $29.25
CO: $26.73
BTN: $25.00
SB: $25.55
BB: $26.08
UTG: $23.40

SB posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero has Q:diamond: Q:heart:

fold, Hero raises to $0.85, fold, fold, fold, BB calls $0.60

Flop: ($1.80, 2 players) J:spade: 2:spade: 7:diamond:
BB checks, Hero bets $1.25, BB calls $1.25

Turn: ($4.30, 2 players) 8:heart:
BB checks, Hero bets $3.50, BB calls $3.50

River: ($11.30, 2 players) 8:club:
BB checks, Hero bets $6.50, BB raises to $20.48 and is all-in, fold

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I kinda want to call the river. I can't for the life of me figure out what he's repping. 89? J8? And his AFq is really high at 38%.

There's a saying that I like, and its not very catchy. But its useful. "LAGs get paid". So pay the man.

Also, bet more near pot on the flop. Guys like this typically peel with overs or gutshots, so you can get more out of him. And your river bet size is a little small, but I guess you're planning to bet/fold, so it makes more sense.

ben_rhyno

ben_rhyno

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nh he has 89 or 9T, bet/folding this river is good imo

S

Sori

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can honestly say that if I was playing this hand in the moment, I would probably call the river bet (wouldn't be able to help myself, especially with so many people I run into overvaluing top pair). Having said that, I think the bet/fold is the best move. well played.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd like it a little better if you'd bet $8.50 or so on the river. I mean he's clearly got lots worse in his calling range and we can still fold to the shove.

N

NoOneYouKnow

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I didn't mean to post the results but yes I obviously did b/f as unhappy as that makes me on a triple barrel...

I am not sure why my river sizing is so small. Very out of character and I agree, I definitely left some potential value out there.

P

PrimeROK

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This depends mostly on what kinda player he is. I honestly would call in this position. I would put him on like A J spades. explains the flat calls on the flop and turn. river he just thought he was good with top pair

H

HoldOnTheRail

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont know, but it looks like a 8 X of spades. Maybe he wasnt afraid to get outdrawn with his set and tried to induce you to cbet with your quite a good hand. But it looks like he is faking his 8 in a way. It looks a like a river has no effect to him. Why to call flop if you dont have a pair of 7 or J? Why not to bet turn or raise if the 8 gives him better hand. And then comes 8 baaaam runner runner? or he was calling his J8, 78 on the turn? Whaat. Overall I think its a fold. PRIMEROK I think rarely anybody would raise river with AJ. I mean he knows that he definately wont get valued by at least KJ. So if hes spotted as a smart one, he cant raise that river just like that with AJ.

Last edited:
Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars