loafaBREAD

loafaBREAD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Hand 1

Not too exciting of a spot, just wondering if you guys could give me insight into how you'd think about this spot.

Flop cbet could be bigger (1/2 pot) but are you xcalling 2 streets? I thought V's turn bet was on the large side.

SB: 250.6 BB
Hero (BB): 100 BB
UTG: 100 BB
CO: 303.6 BB
BTN: 100.28 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has K A

fold, fold, BTN raises to 2.6 BB, fold, Hero raises to 10 BB, BTN calls 7.4 BB

Flop: (20.4 BB, 2 players) 4 8 A
Hero bets 8.2 BB, BTN calls 8.2 BB

Turn: (36.8 BB, 2 players) 6
Hero checks, BTN bets 27.6 BB, Hero calls 27.6 BB

River: (92 BB, 2 players) 9
Hero checks, BTN bets 54.48 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 54.2 BB and is all-in

-------

Hand 2
Pre: Seen V squeeze before- tight reg, though I have few hands on him. BC he's tight I wouldn't feel good with AK vs his jam (F4B unknown). Maybe this is too nitty. SB is sticky and obv a fish, so it was possible that he'd call. (which I wouldn't want)

Aside from that, vs the turn check? OTR is silly, eh? Might be better to bet/fold turn to get calls from JTs, AQ and check back riv? Sizing?

CO: 163.48 BB
Hero (BTN): 100 BB
SB: 118.96 BB
BB: 278.64 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has A K

fold, Hero raises to 2.8 BB, SB calls 2.4 BB, BB raises to 13 BB, Hero calls 10.2 BB, fold

Flop: (28.8 BB, 2 players) K Q 5
BB bets 21.32 BB, Hero calls 21.32 BB

Turn: (71.44 BB, 2 players) 4
BB checks, Hero checks

River: (71.44 BB, 2 players) 7
BB checks, Hero bets 25.88 BB...

Thanks lads, you all collectively are my hero :alien:

1player2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hand 1

Not too exciting of a spot, just wondering if you guys could give me insight into how you'd think about this spot.

Flop cbet could be bigger (1/2 pot) but are you xcalling 2 streets? I thought V's turn bet was on the large side.

SB: 250.6 BB
Hero (BB): 100 BB
UTG: 100 BB
CO: 303.6 BB
BTN: 100.28 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has K A

fold, fold, BTN raises to 2.6 BB, fold, Hero raises to 10 BB, BTN calls 7.4 BB

Flop: (20.4 BB, 2 players) 4 8 A
Hero bets 8.2 BB, BTN calls 8.2 BB

Turn: (36.8 BB, 2 players) 6
Hero checks, BTN bets 27.6 BB, Hero calls 27.6 BB

River: (92 BB, 2 players) 9
Hero checks, BTN bets 54.48 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 54.2 BB and is all-in

-------

Hand 2
Pre: Seen V squeeze before- tight reg, though I have few hands on him. BC he's tight I wouldn't feel good with AK vs his jam (F4B unknown). Maybe this is too nitty. SB is sticky and obv a fish, so it was possible that he'd call. (which I wouldn't want)

Aside from that, vs the turn check? OTR is silly, eh? Might be better to bet/fold turn to get calls from JTs, AQ and check back riv? Sizing?

CO: 163.48 BB
Hero (BTN): 100 BB
SB: 118.96 BB
BB: 278.64 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has A K

fold, Hero raises to 2.8 BB, SB calls 2.4 BB, BB raises to 13 BB, Hero calls 10.2 BB, fold

Flop: (28.8 BB, 2 players) K Q 5
BB bets 21.32 BB, Hero calls 21.32 BB

Turn: (71.44 BB, 2 players) 4
BB checks, Hero checks

River: (71.44 BB, 2 players) 7
BB checks, Hero bets 25.88 BB...

Thanks lads, you all collectively are my hero :alien:

Hello,

1st hand was played well. 2nd hand was played well until you checked the turn. I recommend betting the turn to deny villian equity. Free cards can turn into a disaster. Example would be villian has pocket 7's and chose to give up on the turn and then hits a set after being given a free card. Always bet that spot. Well played overall though

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On the first hand, I think going into check/call mode for turn and river is fine. It allows him to bluff/rep the flush and other random hands that may not have called 2 more streets if you had bet.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
H1 is well played in my opinion. 3 bet pot with the As on the board leaves very little value combos. We'll get shown sets and some occasional flushes but I'm also defending TPTK here.

H2 I'm still 4 betting BTN vs BB since we've seen him squeeze before and we don't have a large sample of hands on him. It's kind of gross to put in 30 BB then fold to the jam but if we have him on a tight enough range I'd rather 4B/fold then flat and hope to hit the flop. Not sure how aggressive V is post but if we are floating a cbet on most flops with 2 over cards then we are putting in more than the 30 BB anyways. As played the 3/4 cbet then check turn line is very strange. I've seen this both be a 3B that missed and tried one street to get a fold and a trap. The board is fairly dry and we have a pot sized bet left so I don't mind the turn check. Could get tricky if a Q, J, T hit the river but other than that I'd be ok with calling it off or betting for value if checked to twice. As far as sizing I think it's V dependent as well. Given the turn checked through I can go either way with 1/3 or even less or jamming. After V checks twice it's rare he has a monster on this run out. We can't bet fold though if he was running some elaborate trap it worked. I actually like the small river bet to try and get crying calls from AQ type hands. You mention getting value from hands like JT by betting turn but if we have his 3B range that wide we should be 4 betting. It becomes really tough to play a consistent line against a range that isn't nailed down so the answer of what to do on the turn seems to have changed only after we got the result and realized we could have gotten more value. I think it's fine to go with our read and then learn after the hand for next time rather than switching gears mid hand.