$25 NLHE 6-max: Triple Barrel Bluff with SD in Zone/zoom format?

S

Snakester420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So in .10/.25 zone on ignition, some weird bet sizing I used since it was around 6 weeks ago... I have learned much since haha.

It folds around to me in the CO with JsTc, I 3x, the sb flats, we go HU to flop:
QcQs9s, pot is $1.68

I c-bet IP, $1 into $1.68 (too big IMO) and the sb calls. Easy for them to have TT, or some lower pocket pairs, maybe even JT or a spade draw... I also think I can get a sizable chunk of folds with a smaller size.
he calls and we see the turn, $3.40 in the pot (minus rake)
QcQs9s6d, pot is $3.45

so turn is a brick, they check and I bet... I do not mind a check in my spot, although I think I can get 77 and 88 to fold sometimes, along with some weak draws to fold... I fire $1.62 into $3.10... this can probably represent a Q although a bigger bet is probably better if I am really going with this bluff. I do not love bluffing too often in zone, especially a triple barrel IP, these seem to lose money in the long run.
My opponent calls, $6.65 is in the pot.

QcQs9s6d2s, $6.65 in pot. The 2 on the river brings in the flop FD

My opponent checks a 3rd time, and with the Js blocker (I try not to get too caught up in blockers while bluffing, especially in zone, although it is always significant) I choose to fire a 3rd barrel, repping a flush or a Q...

I bet $3.24 into $6.65... They could have easily floated twice and folded JT, underpairs including TT maybe even JJ.

Although I get my opponent to fold a chunk of the time, my bluff needs to work on this river around 30% of the time, I am not sure it does. Too many Qx and flushes will look me up, although some players might lead the flush (maybe not on a paired board).

I essentially decided my opponent would call/call/fold enough with 66-88, TT type hands, also maybe A9 and T9s since some players get way out of line with SB flats in the micros. Most players 9x wont withstand 3 barrels here IMO unless they have As as a blocker.

If I played this hand today I would bet small on flop and probably check back turn and give up most rivers. Hard to make a profitable triple barrel bluff at this stake, which means I should play a more value-heavy style.

Let me know what you all think... I still like to bluff at the micros even though it can be dicey. There are plenty of profitable bluff spots at all stakes imo...

S

Snakester420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would also like to mention I should probably size the river around $4-$5 to get my opponent to fold 9x. If I am triple barreling here, I should pick sizes better to maximize fold equity.
My opponent made the fold btw, not that it matters. Idk what they had.