Replay this hand on CardsChat - https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/324za12PX

UTG: $34.78 (139 bb)
MP: $13.00 (52 bb)
CO (Hero): $43.96 (176 bb)
BU: $28.25 (113 bb)
SB: $28.47 (114 bb)
BB: $20.29 (81 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.35) Hero is CO with K♥ A♥
UTG raises to $0.50, MP calls $0.50, Hero 3-bets to $2, 1 fold, SB calls $1.90, 1 fold, UTG calls $1.50, MP calls $1.50

Flop: ($8.25) 9♣ A♣ 8♠ (4 players)
SB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($8.25) 5♦ (4 players)
SB checks, UTG checks, MP bets $5.25, Hero calls $5.25, 2 players fold

River: ($18.75) A♠ (2 players)
MP checks, Hero bets $5.50, MP folds

I'm working on board but still have problem in multiway pot not sure when I should c-bet.

would u c-bet OTF this situation . what if it's single raise pot or 3-way do we change anything?

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3bet a bit larger bet flop jam turn if it's 4way cause pot is big enough & there are draws around

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The readings you have of the villains will help you make a more appropriate decision. If you think these players are sticky enough, you should put a higher price on your hand from preflop. Something closer to $ 3-3.5 may perhaps reduce the number of ways and therefore the variance that generates facing many villains.
On the flop you must continue to bet heavily your TPTK to make the smaller hands fold and deny equity to draws that villains in their ranks might have. On the turn after building a big boat you can jam stuck as 5d is a street that enhances your rank, because now the high combinations that were fighting for their equity are dominated by the bottom of the board. You're only behind some double pair combos, so the jam is justified in this case.
Greetings.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, the main issue in this hand is preflop. When I see someone mini-raising UTG in a cash game and someone just calling, I see people, who are not confident in their hand, and I want to attack that with a large 3-bet. At the minimum 10BB. With a larger 3-bet and less multiway action, its easier to feel confident about TPTK. But even as played I would still have C-bet the flop. You are a little deep against UTG, but against the other two players its definitely a standard stack-off spot, and if they happened to suck out on you, then good for them.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Line: checking OTF MWP IP

PokerStars, Hold'em No Limit - $0.10/$0.25 - 6 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat - https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/324za12PX

UTG: $34.78 (139 bb)
MP: $13.00 (52 bb)
CO (Hero): $43.96 (176 bb)
BU: $28.25 (113 bb)
SB: $28.47 (114 bb)
BB: $20.29 (81 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.35) Hero is CO with K♥ A♥
UTG raises to $0.50, MP calls $0.50, Hero 3-bets to $2, 1 fold, SB calls $1.90, 1 fold, UTG calls $1.50, MP calls $1.50

Flop: ($8.25) 9♣ A♣ 8♠ (4 players)
SB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($8.25) 5♦ (4 players)
SB checks, UTG checks, MP bets $5.25, Hero calls $5.25, 2 players fold

River: ($18.75) A♠ (2 players)
MP checks, Hero bets $5.50, MP folds

I'm working on board but still have problem in multiway pot not sure when I should c-bet.

would u c-bet OTF this situation . what if it's single raise pot or 3-way do we change anything?

Hello siwanat99, thanks a ton for sharing with us! :D

The Preflop

I like very much your Squeeze sizing. If we start to go for very huge sizings, with the idea of exploitation, we should be doing it not only with Premium Hands, such as AA, KK and AKs, we should be doing with a couple of bluffs.
The problem of polarizing ranges it's that we make the reading very easy for a Level 1 attentive player, that will realize right off the bat that we never raise so high with bluffs, only with Premium.
What sucks here is that SB calls, UTG calls and MP calls.

Without further duo, SB will always have a medium-capped range here, we don't believe SB would be flatting AA, KK, QQ or even JJ in situations like this, and of course we are blocking part of A's and K's that our opponents could display here.
UTG almost never will display AA, KK or AK here, because we believe it could, would be raising those hands, so UTG cappes its range too for medium-weak hands, such a bunch of pocket pairs and good suited connectors for both SB's and UTG's callling squeeze ranges.
The MP is a broken stack recreational and will call down for odds with many things.

the postflop

The Flop

After everybody checks, we can be betting for value and for protection. Our range here is very strong because it might contain AA, AK, AQ, AJ, that are hands that we can be squeezing for value, and there are a couple of draws that capped ranges from SB and UTG might seek and the MP can call you here with worst aces and stuff.
By checking we are giving free equity for our Villains plus it will be very punk to play a lot of turns when it completes another Clubs, or 6x, 7x, Tx, Jx, etc.
It will be tough for you to extract value from worst hands, because some players are going to be folding TPTK and even Two Pair and Set types when it completes a flush or a straight OTT, so we let to extract value in both ways.

The Turn

This 5 of Diamonds doesn't change anything, we still have the most strong hands for this board, because there aren't many or any 98, A9, A8, 88 or 99 on Villain's ranges because they would be most likely betting for protection given the connectivity of the flop, so all the Villain's capped their ranges for weak hands, that could so such checks.
When the broken stack bets we have no reason to be raising, since MP is already commited to any river, we are not going to fold out TPTK anymore no matter X possible river, we are in.

The River

Since MP was already commited to the pot, you should bet its entire stack and put Villain/MP all-in, because MP is commited to the pot. However, these players are so bad and weak that it decided to bet vs missed c-bet, for information.
Getting into the mind of these weak players is awesome, because they think, but they think wrong: MP believes that Hero Squeezes preflop and checks flop, Hero will never have AK, AA, AQ, you name it. So when it comes the a blank turn, that doesn't complete anything at all, MP elects to try to bluff Hero out of the pot, considering its check-flop a weakness, as they all do, all the fishes like to stab when checked, without considering ranges and position, which is lovely :love: and brings us a lot of joy and satisfaction playing the micro-mid stakes, the ammount of mistakes is overwhelming.
On the other hand, you should've put Villain all-in OTT, because here, when we are OTT we have some bluffs and OTR, we don't have so many bluffs. Villain could feel itself more tempted to call a push OTT because the board is very connected.

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa