$25 NLHE 6-max: QQ too good to fold?

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had just lost a big hand the hand before and was sat with only 15bbs and pick up queens in the sb. blinds 10/25p utg opens to 62p cut off reraises to £3 and button 4 bets to 11 putting me all in if I call some of his range will be AA KK but I thought QQs were too strong to fold and made the call with stack I had behind. Deeper I'm not sure how I would have played Utg folds as does the cut off button has AK and I hold. Would anyone consider a fold in this position or how would you play it deeper stacked ? Didnt have any real reads on the players apart from cutoff 3 bet frequently

mrgupta

mrgupta

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's a pretty easy fold, the cold 4 bet from the BTN should be KK+ only, so I think folding is pretty much your only option.

R

RakeMyLife

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unless I know BTN is very aggressive, I’m usually folding there and reloading.

B1731898

B1731898

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My first thought, was how can you let Queens go with only 15 big blinds left? So I reread everything to make sure I understood, that would have been a tough fold but a good fold. I know hindsight's 20/20.

P

pokerpie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The cold 4bet would make me squirm a bit, but I dont think I would be able to get away from QQ. Probably the "best worst" hand I would be calling off with there in your position. Easy for me to say though I guess after the fact. I dont blame you for putting it all in.

M

mikeisthebestever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have approx 45% equity here long term if he 4-bets all combos of KK+ and AK+. Long term unfavorable. That said, I think it may be optimistic to assume someone would cold 4-bet a 3-bet of an utg raise with every combo of AK. So in reality its probably more likely he has a value hand in this specific spot.

15bb? You wont even win a big pot if you win a big flip. I think the correct play here is to fold, top off, and have the depth to play post flop.

If you are deeper you can call and try to set mine or take him off the hand postflop, but against his range its still best to fold.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think with 15 bbs left, you have to call that with QQ. Full stacks could be a fold given pf action, though I'd have to have some good reads to make that fold.

Z

zuker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you need to win more than 31% to be +EV

against AK,KK+ you have 39% so it`s call
against KK+ you have 18% so it`s fold

TheBigFinn

TheBigFinn

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is close even with just a few bluffs. With a small stack that goes in and ensures the Hero can see all 5 board cards, I have to call. If my call doesn't close the betting (for me) I think I'd have to fold OOP.

B

blackburn44

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if they are not supertight, i think you should call.

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Against the total range of 4bet, I think you have a good chance of bant to play all-in.

Folding in Poker