$25 NLHE 6-max: Do I have some bluffs here?

K

Kroeska

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/4a1QKq4n

Hi! The reason I upload this hand is because I really don’t know how I feel about it. I don’t had much information about V. I went for a small raise on the flop after his small bet. I semi bluffed on the turn and made a river bet. In the hand I thought the river was a good card. Of course all the draws missed, but when V callt flop-turn with AX clubs, maybe he call there.
He could also have a 9 and probably call there.

My question: Do I have some bluffs here? Better never raise on the flop there and see a turn? I can’t figure it out how bad my play was here..

Thanks a lot in advance. Regards

K

Kroeska

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I meant space of course..

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Blind vs blind dynamics can get very aggressive. I like your flop raise, and continuing your aggression is fine. You do need to keep telling the story, so your river bet is good, in my opinion.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, you played the hand fine overall. For me the only questionable part is your river sizing. According to Doug Polk we want to avoid very large bet sizes on pared boards, because removal is so important. By this he mean, that if you are betting for value, you mostly have a 9 in your hand, and then your oppoent is half as likely to have one. And for that reason if you bet very large, you will tend to get folds, when you are going for value and get called more often, when you are bluffing. And that is obviously not ideal.

Another thing to consider is, that when all draws missed, you might be overbluffing, if you dont sometimes give up on the river. So if you want to be balanced, you probably have to sometimes bet and sometimes give up with your missed draws. This particular hand does block some missed draws, he could have, which kind of suck. But it also lose to some of his missed draws, so overall it is probably a reasonable candidate for bluffing, since you obviously want for instance QJ to fold.

K

Kroeska

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, you played the hand fine overall. For me the only questionable part is your river sizing. According to Doug Polk we want to avoid very large bet sizes on pared boards, because removal is so important. By this he mean, that if you are betting for value, you mostly have a 9 in your hand, and then your oppoent is half as likely to have one. And for that reason if you bet very large, you will tend to get folds, when you are going for value and get called more often, when you are bluffing. And that is obviously not ideal.

Another thing to consider is, that when all draws missed, you might be overbluffing, if you dont sometimes give up on the river. So if you want to be balanced, you probably have to sometimes bet and sometimes give up with your missed draws. This particular hand does block some missed draws, he could have, which kind of suck. But it also lose to some of his missed draws, so overall it is probably a reasonable candidate for bluffing, since you obviously want for instance QJ to fold.

Fundiver! Again, some information that helps me a lot, thanks again, enjoy your day:)

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like it very much, I would just go for this line with a higher scale, maybe I could do better with K6 as it unlocks QJ and reduces the chances of the villain having AK in his bluff catcher range. Obviously from the blinds this changes a bit, but anyway we don't want to have a Q in our range that blocks bluff combos in the V range. We need a minimum value of protection when we have a Q, which for this texture the most likely is Q4s. In this case our hand worked, but against a competent villain, who understands the range widths from these positions, the river calls will become wider than the dynamics that could be produced from other positions.
Greetings.

K

Kroeska

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like it very much, I would just go for this line with a higher scale, maybe I could do better with K6 as it unlocks QJ and reduces the chances of the villain having AK in his bluff catcher range. Obviously from the blinds this changes a bit, but anyway we don't want to have a Q in our range that blocks bluff combos in the V range. We need a minimum value of protection when we have a Q, which for this texture the most likely is Q4s. In this case our hand worked, but against a competent villain, who understands the range widths from these positions, the river calls will become wider than the dynamics that could be produced from other positions.
Greetings.

Thank you Gustav!