$25 NLHE 6-max: BvB Aggro fish... flop top n' bottom

loafaBREAD

loafaBREAD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Please review my line and sizing. This guy has a fold to cbet of 23... I must have had my eyes closed when he did fold, because he's never folded to my bets.

He typically calls with air OTF and stabs whenever checked to in position, and I've called him down to find some ridiculous holdings... T5s on 4J72r... no equity bluffs.

That being said, he seemed to be adjusting to me calling him down lighter, and respecting my checks a bit.

River is never a bluff, even from this guy. Just wondering if the Turn XR is appropriate knowing that this guy stabs with a lot, or if it's a bad idea since QT would check back (V is capable of not blasting off 2nd pair, lol... it's just his air that he loves to bluff with)

Yatahay Network - $0.25 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

CO: 167.72 BB
BTN: 121.08 BB
Hero (SB): 114.96 BB
BB: 102.8 BB
UTG: 116.84 BB
MP: 129.4 BB

Hero posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has K:diamond: J:spade:

fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, BB calls 2 BB

Flop: (6 BB, 2 players) J:club: K:heart: Q:spade:
Hero bets 3.4 BB, BB calls 3.4 BB

Turn: (12.8 BB, 2 players) 3:spade:
Hero checks, BB bets 4 BB, Hero raises to 14.8 BB, BB calls 10.8 BB

River: (42.4 BB, 2 players) 2:club:
Hero bets 24.4 BB, BB raises to 60 BB, fold

BB wins 86.64 BB

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
I don't like your turn raise. You can't play for stacks with this hand, so it's better to call down with this hand. As played turn, you should check-call river because your hand is far from being nuts, villain can have straights and sets.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As the hand played out, I prefer a check/call on both turn and river. Against this villain, and B vs B, your hand is far too strong to fold.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The turn I would normally say to barrel here but in your post you say the villain is someone who likes to bluff when checked to so you check raise. Im all for that and that is fine if that is what this villain normally does. If I was playing this hand and decided to go that route I would have used the same sizing you did but I would have noted his bet sizing was small. If he is bluffing that is a small bet to buff with but it is also a small bet if they have something as there are two spades on the board now. If they had a straight, a set (which I very highly doubt) or two pair they would be betting bigger there to get value from the spade draws you have, one pair hands you have also betting a little for protection. The bet sizing by villain makes me think they are more on the spade draw themselves but trying to do some kind of semi bluff bet.

The river bricks which is obviously great for us. I am still on the thought process even after the call of our raise that villain is either on two spades or has a Qx type hand. I dont think they have QQ since they would have bet more on the turn and probably raised pre or on the flop, 33 and 22 seem unlikely and we set block the other two. That leaves KQ which I am also doubting based on sizing on the turn or a straight. Straights I would think would also want to protect their hand more unless villain has a straight with two spades in it, then they would have nothing to really worry about.

As played going to the river I would go one of two ways. I would either check/call to induce bluffs if they have a missed spade draw (I know you said he will not bluff on the river and also dont like this move as much since we let Qx hands off the hook that will almost always check behind if we check to them) or I would do as you did and lead out (I like going a little smaller here to somewhere around 18-20BB) and then evaluate if they raise. Villain has 82 BB left so I would be hard pressed to fold this hand on that river. With the raise size villain makes it here in this hand, we are getting 3.6 to 1 if my math is right and that is too good to be folding two pair here. I see the villain having A10 spades or 109 of spades and it makes sense but that small turn bet they made lures me into thinking they probably dont have KQ or a set. I think there are some worse hands that do this like Kx spades, A9 spades, K10 offsuit, etc. that might think they are not good enough and have to turn their hand into a bluff. Qx might even do that as well. Again, I know you think it is never a bluff there but I think its a possibility.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BvB are brutal. I've been using 3.5 or even 4 BB sizing opening from the blinds and so far I like it. That my only comment about pre.

Flop I'm on board with bet and sizing.

I understand the logic for the turn x/r but I don't like using it on this texture. V is never folding his draws for our sizing and could already be there. If he does find a x behind we we are letting a wet board get potentially worse OOP with only 4 outs to improve. He can rep either the flush or the straight depending on the run out. If the turn was rainbow it's closer but I still don't like going for the x/r on a 3 to a straight board when V has all of his T9 combos and also some ATo combos. Per description I'd expect this V to 3 bet all the sets (except 33), ATs, and KQs, maybe even KQo BvB, but you haven't given 3B stats. For this reason I'd prefer a bet / bet / x line on this run out. Unless V overbet jams river we still get tons of value when ahead and save ourselves from sick spots where we run into the top of Vs range or a gross bluff.

As played, the draws missed the river. We got our x/r in on the turn for 3 streets of value and I think we want V to bluff this river. You didn't mention how likely he is to call down light so river seems a bit thin (going for a fourth street). I would default to x/c here to let his bluffs try to steal as we have a lot of Ax that hit one pair and a gutter. I also cant imagine V has many bluffs here but you did label him an aggro fish. Something that blocks the nuts like KTo with no spades to unblock your missed draws might do this but maybe I'm just looking too hard for bluffs at that point.

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I bet flop and turn for value and versus this player type check call river when all his gutshots whiff.
XR turn is just fancy play, you fold out his air and weak hands and mostly get called or raised by better.
What are you going to do if he repops the turn and you have a good 2 pair?
As played definitely a river fold.