$25 NLHE 6-max: BTN Vs SB battle

NEWTDOG101

NEWTDOG101

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What is the point of raising on a flop if going to be called/raised only by better hand and weaker will get away.
Or is this the exact spot there getting info is more important ?
So my question is:
on what kind of board texture raising on a flop for information applies and when its best not to do so?
Would you know where you were in this hand without a raise or c/r? Why assume u are beat here when u really don't have the info but u have TP. You called the raise but flat called flop shows me ur hand is weak imo.
Why would you c/r flop and fold to a shove here? Are you turning aq into a bluff?
Gain info, if u face the shove you know you are way off. What does villain shove here? Wouldn't call it a bluff.

NEWTDOG101

NEWTDOG101

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's not a theory, unfortunately. I used to call 3bets with AQ and it was a big loser for me. So much so in fact that a couple years ago when I paid someone to analyze my stats AQ was my single biggest losing starting hand. Most of the losses were in 3bet pots (I was also 3betting it WAY too often). Since then, I've stopped calling 3bets with it (hell I don't really call 3bet with much of anything) and I flat opens with it a ton more often preflop and it's gone from biggest loser to solidly profitable.
Oh ok I see. That's how I feel bout AJ, I haven't got there with AQ yet.

bgomez89

bgomez89

Resident Thugmaster
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would you know where you were in this hand without a raise or c/r? Why assume u are beat here when u really don't have the info but u have TP. You called the raise but flat called flop shows me ur hand is weak imo.

Gain info, if u face the shove you know you are way off. What does villain shove here? Wouldn't call it a bluff.
Raising for information is not good

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the concept of "raising for information" is like 2006 shit

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i only shove for information

bgomez89

bgomez89

Resident Thugmaster
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
**** you guys, the new thing is folding for info

NEWTDOG101

NEWTDOG101

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How would you know your value less u offer something?

You guys, don't call,raise,shove or fold for ino just SIT OUT!!!

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will say, even tho I have not read every post ITT, that I was shocked when I looked in my HEM at the AQ hands I played. And how 80% were red............

G

Gunner57

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Think about it:

If you feel you need to fold this river then why did you call pre? You hit top pair second kicker! Against most donks this is a winning hand and more times than not you get your chips in sooner than later for value.

on river looking back because of the weak turn and river cards you have to think that after the flop you were either way ahead or way behind.

AQ in 3 bet pots are tricky. If you are going to call pre and flop then in long run you would be better off folding pre. He is going to Cbet flop 100% so why do you call with top pair 2nd kicker?

Fold Pre > Raise/fold flop > 4 Bet pre flop > Call down to river.

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The point being made is that it seems like a standardy player 3betting from the blinds and that means AQ isn't going to be profitable in a 3bet pot. 60 hands isn't enough to differentiate a 3% 3bettor from a 6% 3bettor when it's showing 4.2%. Unless you've seen him 3bet a non premium already of course.

River is a fold and it's not even close, I'd expect AK/JJ very often, it's a terrible board to TBB.

I know he turned up with 66 but that's a note you make after the hand and allows you to lend more weight to his 3bet %.