$25 NLHE 6-max: AQ facing a river jam

Ducky7

Ducky7

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So reg is someone who is a pretty agro reg, seems to be one of the better players at this limit. When he triples here his range is super narrow obv.

Dont want to give full reasoning as to why because I want to see replies... But I want to call? Thoughts?

PokerStars - $0.25 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 4 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

CO: $30.87 (VPIP: 25.90, PFR: 18.81, 3Bet Preflop: 5.84, hands: 699)
Hero (BTN): $52.02
SB: $25.00
BB: $27.78 (VPIP: 23.53, PFR: 20.00, 3Bet Preflop: 11.11, Hands: 85)

SB posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.35) Hero has A:club: Q:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to $0.55, SB raises to $2.00, fold, Hero calls $1.45

Flop: ($4.25, 2 players) 4:club: Q:spade: 8:heart:
SB bets $2.10, Hero calls $2.10

Turn: ($8.45, 2 players) J:diamond:
SB bets $4.50, Hero calls $4.50

River: ($17.45, 2 players) K:spade:
SB bets $16.40 and is all-in, Hero calls

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Would be nice for some reg stats instead of blank and maybe ya know some flop/ turn/ river bet frequencies some 3 bet stats c bet stats.

I jump with numbers :)
Caaammmaaaan

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh also, it's a call if you have thousands of hands on villain. Only Because if he has that amount of hands on you he knows how many rivers you fold

Ducky7

Ducky7

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh also, it's a call if you have thousands of hands on villain. Only Because if he has that amount of hands on you he knows how many rivers you fold

:(

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's not a bad thing, it just means you can adjust profitably

Ducky7

Ducky7

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Would be nice for some reg stats instead of blank and maybe ya know some flop/ turn/ river bet frequencies some 3 bet stats c bet stats.

I jump with numbers :)
Caaammmaaaan

Mb coming now sorry :)

Ducky7

Ducky7

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sorry :) so villain 3b vs the BTN is 13%
Cbet in 3b pots is 55% and 60% on rivers

Not an overly aggressive reg but hes fairly aggro

So reg is someone who is a pretty agro reg, seems to be one of the better players at this limit. When he triples here his range is super narrow obv.

Dont want to give full reasoning as to why because I want to see replies... But I want to call? Thoughts?

PokerStars - $0.25 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 4 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

CO: $30.87 (VPIP: 25.90, PFR: 18.81, 3Bet Preflop: 5.84, Hands: 699)
Hero (BTN): $52.02
SB: $25.00
BB: $27.78 (VPIP: 23.53, PFR: 20.00, 3Bet Preflop: 11.11, Hands: 85)

SB posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.35) Hero has A<font color='black'>♣</font> Q<font color='red'>♦</font>

fold, Hero raises to $0.55, SB raises to $2.00, fold, Hero calls $1.45

Flop: ($4.25, 2 players) 4<font color='black'>♣</font> Q<font color='black'>♠</font> 8<font color='red'>♥</font>
SB bets $2.10, Hero calls $2.10

Turn: ($8.45, 2 players) J<font color='red'>♦</font>
SB bets $4.50, Hero calls $4.50

River: ($17.45, 2 players) K<font color='black'>♠</font>
SB bets $16.40 and is all-in, Hero calls

R

razzor94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just dont expect him to have too many bluffs on this board especially on the turn and river.
On the flop he still has a wide bluffin range.

On the turn, becouse there are no flush draws and the T9 straight now got there and you block AK with your A, i just dont see many bluffs firing another bullet. Frankly i dont see any bluffs other than AK, KT(that makes the most sense) and just complete air. I expect him to slow down with all his underpairs and Jx.
The only hand that you beat now is KQ and you could argue if he would check that as well.

On the river the only hand that you beat on the turn now bets your AQ.
If he had AK or KT he would slow down on the river. I think he might check some weaker 2 pair like QJ.
At this point his range is very polarized to sets, straights or air. I think you realistically beat only pure air.
Personally i would fold this.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love min 4-bets in this spot pre against guys like this. They don't know what to do, and they are wide enough, and you can keep their entire range in while you have initiative. They end up stuck OOP calling w/ a weak hand.

Any ways, as played min raise the flop. It's so dry and looks so bluffy to raise here you may get someone like this to spaz out. Also, they will have worse Qx here.

As played, I think you need to fold by the river. Your range also hits this run out, and if he's as described he'll know that. It fits your range even more than his.

So he has 9T, AT, QK, sets, maybe even QJ since you say he's aggressive. Depends on how thin he can value jam in this dynamic. At 25nl, they probably don't as much, but I would still keep it in there... or he has air.

Just comes down to his river agg% and how much you think he's capable of barrelling off bluffs. I think at this level you're probably better folding by the river long term, but it's reasonably close.

Ducky7

Ducky7

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any ways, as played min raise the flop. It's so dry and looks so bluffy to raise here you may get someone like this to spaz out. Also, they will have worse Qx here.

This just doesnt seem like the optimal play at all, what are we going to get them to spaz with (stuff they are gonna barrel anyway) min raising this flop im almost never balanced and never do it with bluffs? Not to mention im at the top of my range and worse Qx we probably getting all the chippies anyway.

Sometimes I guess we could get hands like AK to go crazy but that probably doesnt outweigh the value we lose from hands like JJ TT 99 worse Qx and with it being 25nl I give people credit for playing T+Rs worse (over/under valuing hands and barreling 3) rather than 3b jamming air

I

ikeantkare

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Imo, it is easy call on flop and turn, because AQ is in the top of your range.

On the river I think it is close, maybe call sometimes when you know that he would bluff more often here, but you can have KQ or QJ, maybe even trap with T9,so I would fold OTR.Maybe he can have some bluffs like A9s or something like that, but he is mainly representing T9, QQ or KK which is very possible.So I would fold OTR without additional information.

froggeedogs

froggeedogs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
aq

Am I the only one who is wondering why the hero didn't raise on the flop?

froggeedogs

froggeedogs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
aq

I think a medium raise on the flop would give you more information. By just calling, the villain could be bluffing with AK, or really have something like kk or aa. by letting it go to the river, board widens considerably and you would have to fold.

J

Jiraika

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So you're not raising for value then. I don't like this play unless vs a calling station/fish or maybe in 3way pot

Diegol

Diegol

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the play, what does he had? i put him on AK or a bluff

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like the river card at all, any low card I'd auto call, now its much closer. Hands like KQ AK ATs KJs QJs KTs all in his 3bet range get there and if we had been chopping AQ he has showdown value. Barrel barrel, improve and shove seems to be the way of it these days and I don't like getting stacked with 1 pair especially when it's not top pair. I'd sigh fold and hate myself wondering if there was a better way to play it.

G

Glebtyzhnyh90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion the obvious thing is that you had to raise on the flop, eventually waited for the "magnificent" river, where 80% of what you want to fold.