Hero (CO): $45.00

SB posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero has A:club: K:heart:

UTG raises to $0.60, Hero calls $0.60, fold, fold, fold

Flop: ($1.55, 2 players) Q:heart: 9:heart: J:diamond:
UTG bets $0.70, Hero calls $0.70

Turn: ($2.95, 2 players) 2:heart:
UTG checks, Hero bets $1.75, UTG raises to $8.20,

No reads on UTG but over 15 hands he's a 27/27/17 and he's shortstacked so he's probably a fish.

I'm going to get a lot of "3bet pre lol" but there was a maniac right behind me who was 3bet happy and I was going for a backraise. Obv that didn't work out so now what? I kind of like a raise on the flop being that the board is so wet and we have some outs. When utg c/rs me on turn I'm not sure as to whether I should fold or shove over.

seanDCFC

seanDCFC

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3 bet pre. :p

I probably raise that flop myself. Im folding the turn. I cant see what shoving there achieves, villain is very unlikely to fold and it is such a wet board that we are probably behind.

KardKlub

KardKlub

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With what you said I'd play it the same. But it's an easy turn fold. Wait for a better opportunity.

Raising the flop will only inflate a pot were not sure were even good in so I like the check back to get the free card and more outs

B

badaboombaa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think flop's closer to a fold than a raise call's probably fine turn definitely bet as you did and now fold to the raise nh.

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im not sure about the flop call, you do have a lot of BD potential and that is a weak bet for a drawy flop.

The turn, when he checks here I think you should check back.

If he has a weak hand (something you can fold out) then you have almost 40% equity against that hand.

Now when you check the turn, he will check some % of rivers and I think you can throw out a 1/2 pot sized bet and win many of the times he checks the river.

So overall, I think you have the best hand if you check the turn.

The other great thing about checking here is if he then thinks you have given up, he is likely to bluff a high % of the time on the cards that make your hand on the river.

An ace, a king a ten another flush card, all great bluffing cards that make your hand.

The problem I see with betting is this flop hits his range and when he folds, he mainly folds hands you beat and when he calls, its always with hands that beat you but will less inclined to call a river bet should you hit your hand.