CO: 74.6 BB

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A:spade: J:club:

fold, fold, CO raises to 3 BB, fold, Hero raises to 11 BB, fold, CO calls 8 BB

Flop: (23 BB, 2 players) 5:heart: J:diamond: 8:diamond:
Hero bets 13.33 BB, CO calls 13.33 BB

Turn: (49.67 BB, 2 players) 3:diamond:
Hero?

Check Fold? Ship it? Bet Call off? Or which line would you take? Thank you :)

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bet more on flop and bout 1/2 or 2/3 on turn... id do this with a flush as well :)

S

ScottishMatt

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Because he is a shorty bet more OTF to set up for a turn jam. He should be calling the turn with worse jacks and occasional draws. If he isn't, then don't 3Bet pre.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a 3-bet pot, just ship it in. Plus what Matt said.

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So dude has about pot size bet left. This is a tricky spot. He will call with worse Jx I'm sure, he will also call flop with FDs, which seems more likely to me here. You are basically hoping dude goes broke with K-J or Q-J, but we blocking those hands....

I am not folding. I just bet 51 BB and put him to a decision. We could check/call also, and I don't mind that terribly, but OTOH, if he checks back that sucks. But C/C does allow him to bluff, so that's why I don't mind it.

Me personally I just bet enough that dude will be all in, and expect to lose a fair amount of the time to a flush.

On another note, why did we 3b here pre? Was there a read? Is there a reason for this? Why can't we just defend? We are OOP, it's gonna be tougher to play A-J, and if he 4b us we hate our life. I don't know why you chose to 3b, but I don't really like it, unless there's a good reason. We have RIO hand, and we OOP.

It's whatever though, you're here, in a bloated pot OOP, with no redraw, so yeah just don't fold. I do feel like that is a pretty bad turn card for us, and we good only sometimes if we get the call.

X

Xmaster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you for your opinions guys! I ended up shoving and I think this was at least ok.