$25 NLHE 6-max: Aggro triple barrel line check with two over cards on board.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was reviewing some hands and came across this hand and it shocked me that I decided to not only double barrel but jam river. I have absolutely no reads on V with only 1 hand of history and 0/0 stats. My PT4 leak tracker has pointed out that agression is my biggest leak which is why this hand stood out at first glance. Maybe I was on tilt, or maybe I decided that most of Vs range is flush draws and medium to weak Ax. What are you thoughts on this line? I didn't think the 7d was a significant blocker. If you were V, what would be your calling range?
PokerStars - $0.30 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 100.87 BB
UTG: 128.77 BB
MP: 63.6 BB
CO: 109.63 BB
Hero (BTN): 81.6 BB
SB: 99 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 7 7

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, SB calls 2.5 BB, fold

Flop: (7 BB, 2 players) 3 2 A
SB bets 3.33 BB, Hero raises to 10 BB, SB calls 6.67 BB

Turn: (27 BB, 2 players) Q
SB checks, Hero bets 17 BB, SB calls 17 BB

River: (61 BB, 2 players) 5
SB checks, Hero bets 51.6 BB and is all-in

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The combinations that work best for hero as weak or fake aces blockers are combos that include high kickers. For example K-Q; K-J; K-T; Q-J; Q-T.
Range V contains broadways, perhaps Ax connected in this texture, and low-scale sets.
Greetings.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It probably does not surprice you, but I am not loving this. He called from SB and then donked into you on a A high board, which is a fishy line. So even without HUD-data or other reads you are trying to make a fish fold top pair or maybe a hand like QdXd, and you are doing it with a hand, that was some showdown value but almost no hope to improve. For me I call flop and then I fold turn, if he makes a substantial bet.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL, yea looks pretty spewy reads or no reads. Can AK, AQ take this line? What bluffs can I balance that with? KJs and KTs?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah I dont mind raising his donk bet with AK/AQ type of hands and then probably fold to a 3-bet. And since you opened on BTN, its not difficult to find draws to raise as a semi-bluff.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Line: Turning a value into a bluff OTT IP

My PT4 leak tracker has pointed out that agression is my biggest leak which is why this hand stood out at first glance. Maybe I was on tilt, or maybe I decided that most of Vs range is flush draws and medium to weak Ax

BB: 100.87 BB
UTG: 128.77 BB
MP: 63.6 BB
CO: 109.63 BB
Hero (BTN): 81.6 BB
SB: 99 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 7 7

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, SB calls 2.5 BB, fold

Flop: (7 BB, 2 players) 3 2 A
SB bets 3.33 BB, Hero raises to 10 BB, SB calls 6.67 BB

Turn: (27 BB, 2 players) Q
SB checks, Hero bets 17 BB, SB calls 17 BB

River: (61 BB, 2 players) 5
SB checks, Hero bets 51.6 BB and is all-in

Hello there dear mate, thank your for sharing your insights and hand.
The preflop is standard, although that nowadays I am more inclined to raise from Late Position 2.5x at lower limits and 100 NLHE 2.38x (because of the rake, dynamic ranges, etc).
On The flop this donk represents a lot of strenght but we cannot fold so fast here.
On the Turn we are simply giving up, once we have no ideia about Villain's tendencies/ranges and we don't believe we can get calls from worst hands such as spaz 3x, 2x, 44 or 66, that are the only worst hands that could be calling us and even Villain's draws have good equity.
Yes, aggression is not only something that gives a lot of value but also produces a lot of tilt and high variance swings. Sometimes we lose a big pot for nothing just because are are angry/proud enough to make/to think the most EV move.
Aggression is the greatest leak of almost all the regulars these days. They are either too passive or too aggressive and they open a lot of room for exploitation.

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa

Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think I would give up this river as your hand still beats some draws, I would bluff with hands like JTcc that block villain value combos to call down.

Not sure this donk line, but villain could call with Ax with no diamond/club or better