$25 NLHE 6-max: 3-bet Bu v CO TT on J99

loafaBREAD

loafaBREAD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Kinda lost on what to do/bet sizing on the turn.

I did call off but I don't think TT is the hand to do it with. V has many bluffs here and my hand blocks many of them.

V has a F3B of 43, FFCB: 27, so I don't mind a second barrel, though V could have 55 here...

I'll post the hand results- is V crazy for shoving turn? I think when I down bet he is right to raise here. Let me know!

Yatahay Network - $0.25 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players

CO: 162.52 BB
Hero (BTN): 110.36 BB
SB: 100 BB
BB: 199.48 BB
UTG: 207 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has T:heart: T:club:

fold, CO raises to 2.8 BB, Hero raises to 8.4 BB, fold, fold, CO calls 5.6 BB

Flop: (18.2 BB, 2 players) 9:diamond: J:spade: 9:heart:
CO checks, Hero bets 6.68 BB, CO calls 6.68 BB

Turn: (31.56 BB, 2 players) 5:heart:
CO checks, Hero bets 10.56 BB, CO raises to 147.44 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 84.72 BB and is all-in

River: (222.12 BB, 2 players) K:club:

CO shows Q:club: J:club: (Two Pair, Jacks and Nines)
(Pre 47%, Flop 88%, Turn 95%)
Hero shows T:heart: T:club: (Two Pair, Tens and Nines)
(Pre 53%, Flop 12%, Turn 5%)
CO wins 211.04 BB

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would actually be surprised if the villain didn't have 9x here (x being any value between 2 and 8) since we are talking about the CO range. 9T and TT are blocked, so the most expected line for V is 9x; JQ +. If you add to that the Th in your range and the bet sizes you made of 1/3, you are representing all the combos of flush draw + OESD + gutshots, etc.
But what's really crucial here is the villain's raise OTT. That large size means always nuts or very close to them. Snap fold IMO. Unless we have a very solid reading that this villain is capable of bluffing with neutral hands (eg w/ 7-7).
Greetings.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think every solver will have you checking this turn and checking the flop at least half the time. If you bet/bet with a pocket pair that's not top pair, you're looking to get 1 to 2 streets of value max. By checking the turn, you increase your bluff catching range IP immensely.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont mind betting the turn since we dont like any over card on the river. Plus we get an added benefit of still controlling the river action when we bet the turn instead of checking. I would be making the bet on the turn with the thinking that if I get any resistance, I am folding. There are many hands that beat us here that would check call the flop and open check the turn so any villain fight that comes my way I would be folding.

To answer your question if the villain is crazy for jamming, their hand strength is light for jamming here but they are targeting KK and QQ to see if they can get those hands to fold. I dont like their jam because only better hands should be calling there. Your call with 1010 there I think is a very big mistake and it could be a huge bluff but I dont think it is a bluff enough of the time to justify the call.