$25 NLHE 6-max: 130bb eff., 3 bet pot BvB

loafaBREAD

loafaBREAD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I'd like your thoughts on this. I feel like turn was close, but we had the implied odds to call.

Pre- this hand is a standard call, but V is pretty tight with 3! so it becomes a fold.... but then we were deep stacked, so it becomes a call again.... make sense? :confused: As funny as it sounds, that was my thought process. Lemme know if that's nuckings futz or not.

Yatahay Network - $0.25 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players

CO: 120.56 BB
BTN: 104.2 BB
Hero (SB): 166.12 BB
BB: 131.44 BB
UTG: 118.6 BB

Hero posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has 8:diamond: 9:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, BB raises to 8.8 BB, Hero calls 5.8 BB

Flop: (17.6 BB, 2 players) 5:diamond: J:heart: 8:club:
Hero checks, BB bets 10.8 BB, Hero calls 10.8 BB

Turn: (39.2 BB, 2 players) K:diamond:
Hero checks, BB bets 24 BB, Hero calls 24 BB

River: (87.2 BB, 2 players) 9:spade:
Hero checks, BB bets 87.84 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 87.84 BB

C

crazycitizen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Makes sense to me, I agree with the call PF.

I don't know if this really helps, but I would do what you did too.
My gut tells me you lost to KJ, but only because you probably wouldn't post this if you won :p

Blind vs blind I can't imagine anyone folding your hand at any stage.
If you lost I say it's just a cooler you got baited into by the K
In a cash game it's a call, if it's a MTT with ICM then it's infinitely more complex ^^

Hope that helps in some way :p

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that with the B vs B aggro dynamic, you played the hand fine. The diamond on the turn gave you enough equity to continue, and it looks like you hit your best/worst card on the river.

vsawake01

vsawake01

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I disagree with call pre flop (even for deep stack). It make sense only for position.
For turn it about 25% - not enough.

I guess you face 67, may be diamond too.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How tight is tight with the 3!? I don't think being deep would change my initial read back to flatting pre unless we had some other information like "if we hit he's likely to station it off" or something. It can be tough playing middle suited connectors OOP in 3 bet pots. Does an extra 31 BB effective make that much of a difference if we think we are facing a tight range OOP in a 3 bet pot?

As played, after we call pre I'm on board with the rest of the hand depending on stats. But if this guy is 3! tight and then not paying off I don't think we are going to outflop or outplay V often enough to break even. I'd also check this guys aggression factor, especially the river aggression factor. Since you mentioned he is tight. If he has a RAF of 1.5 or something then I'm not going to call the river bet as I don't think he's going to have enough bluffs or even be jamming enough 1 pair hands for us to be good often enough.

Z

zuker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is 3? 3bet 3%?
131 BB effective stack not deep enough for calling 3bet with suited connectors.
Villain bets all streets. Don`t think it`s bluff somewhere. I tend to see JJ.

loafaBREAD

loafaBREAD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Makes sense to me, I agree with the call PF.

I don't know if this really helps, but I would do what you did too.
My gut tells me you lost to KJ, but only because you probably wouldn't post this if you won :p

Blind vs blind I can't imagine anyone folding your hand at any stage.
If you lost I say it's just a cooler you got baited into by the K
In a cash game it's a call, if it's a MTT with ICM then it's infinitely more complex ^^

Hope that helps in some way :p

Actually, I did win this hand!
Had to post it since it put me in the tank a bit on the turn especially. ITH V bluffed off with AQo. So I did have some idea that he would pay us off when we hit (hence the turn call), as he pushes his value range pretty wide. I imagine AA, even AK would play this way. KJs may be in his range, sure- I don't have enough hands to look at his BvB 3!

His 3! overall was 5 or 6 as I remember... which to me is tight but not unreasonable. AF was 4.

Ok, so the contention comes with the pf call it seems. Knowing now that he can bluff off his stack, I think it is a call... def calling with 77-JJ and suited cons 89+ if one pair can be good most of the time. Just wondering if the value of these hands goes up or down deepstacked vs a tight/agrro V.

loafaBREAD

loafaBREAD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
What is 3? 3bet 3%?
131 BB effective stack not deep enough for calling 3bet with suited connectors.
Villain bets all streets. Don`t think it`s bluff somewhere. I tend to see JJ.

I use "3!" as an abbreviation for "3-bet"...

I have seen other people do it, thought right now I can't find any examples!

Trust me, it's a thing :eek: