Table Format
6-max (6 seats)
VP$IP
PFR
AF
Currency
$
Villain Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 22/19/2
How to play the river? Villain is a good LAG. Do I get enough hands to call, which loose against me?

Dealt to Hero: J J

HJ Folds, CO Folds, HERO Raises To 2.3BBs, SB Raises To 10.4BBs, BB Folds, HERO Calls 8.1BBs

Hero SPR on Flop: [5.27 effective]
Flop (21.7BBs): Q 4 J
SB Checks, HERO Bets 10.1BBs (Rem. Stack: 104.4BBs), SB Calls 10.1BBs (Rem. Stack: 161.6BBs)

Turn (41.9BBs): Q 4 J 6
SB Checks, HERO Bets 19.6BBs (Rem. Stack: 84.8BBs), SB Calls 19.6BBs (Rem. Stack: 142BBs)

River (81.1BBs): Q 4 J 6 3
SB Checks, HERO Bets 84.8BBs (allin), SB Raises To 142BBs (allin)

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Are you not at all worried about the flush or QQ? What are you hoping to get called by? I cant see any worse hands calling there, possibly sticky AA with the nut blocker but that's about it.

If you are going to bet river then I think it needs to be smaller, I would also suggest going smaller on the flop in particular. Could even check the river back once you've had two medium size bets called, as the problem of opening the action is he could bluff with the nut blocker which he will presumably often have.

It looks like he had the flush then, as no one is bluff raising for the small remaining stack?

D0nk3y Hunt3r

D0nk3y Hunt3r

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Looks like you decided to go all in on flop and you proceeded accordingly. I would do in similar manner, though this is probably a cooler.

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well, on the river you already need to call according to the pot odds anyway, raising on the river is of course very unpleasant and we will see a bluff there quite rarely, sometimes it can of course push small sets, but most often we will see a flush

K

kostja007

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you not at all worried about the flush or QQ? What are you hoping to get called by? I cant see any worse hands calling there, possibly sticky AA with the nut blocker but that's about it.

I do think that regs have often to call with A♣Q blocker or K♣Q. So there are 4 combos of that two hands. Also he could play QJs that way and call the river => These are 3 combos. QQ are 3 combos. The board is blocking a lot of flushes Qxs Jxs. Also do you think Axs will x/c all three streets out of position very often?

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It is true that alot of flushes will raise at some point, but against the larger bet sizes x/c becomes more likely as they can see you have a hand you like and will let you do the betting. On the turn especially some villains will raise in fear that the board pairs or if they have K high flush that it s
Doesnt became a 4 to flush board. So QQ is probably the most likely hand.

I think the problem on the river is KQ isn't calling and probably not AQ either, so we are only getting called or raised when beat.

What did he have then?

MrHachiman

MrHachiman

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like the play simply because the Check in Flop of preflop agressor is more likely a made hand. The check should often be interpreted as an attempt to control the size of the pot. If he had a hand that he was comfortable going all-in with, he would often continue the aggression on the flop and next streets. Since his hand is ahead of all the Qx pairs, I don't see anything wrong with all three bets. The only thing I don't agree with is the size of the bet. You have a value hand, and clearly you don't want to stop betting it. But as you bet bigger, you will filter even more of the opponent's range. You want to make a small bet on the flop (around 30%) to keep alive all clubs and more marginal hands in their range than if they called a bet. Then try to get maximum value on the turn with 75% or more from hands that can't call on river. And depending on the river, assess whether you have one more value bet or not.

As a general rule, I don't like to inflate pots from the flop when they are monocolored. Since very often you will have to surrender on the turn or river. But, if the right cards are coming out, you can scratch the value of draws and made hands. Just keep in mind that you don't have the nuts on this board, so you should act accordingly and preferably not make a spot to play your entire stack easily.