$2000 NLHE Full Ring: Top 2, bad runout vs wierdo

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hero is playing TAG, around 300 BB

Villain is a bit of a weirdo, im not sure he knows what he is doing, as is evidenced by the wierd min raises and such. 170 BB so a short stack (for this table style) I had also never seen him 3-bet so i was slightly concerned.

Folds to hero in utg1
Heor raises to 80 with AhKh
folds to villain in HJ
Villain 3-bets to 160
Hero calls 160

Flop: Ad Ks 4h Pot: 350

Hero bets 175
Villain calls

Turn: 7h Pot: 700

Hero bets 550
Villain raises to 1100
Hero calls

River: 7c Pot: 2800

Hero checks
Villain bets 600
Hero?

Yikes, this is weird. (I cant fold but should i raise?)

Preflop, i had never seen him 3-bet in 10 or so orbits, so i was slightly worried about running into AA, KK, QQ, (Have seen him just flat opens with JJ and 99, so i assume he would with TT also.) I have aces and kings blocked its not impossible that he can have them. QQ is a flip and i don't want to get my money in pre hoping he has the bottom of his range. I would probably 4-bet this versus against some opponents but not this guy.

Flop is very good for my hand, now there are only one combo of AA and one of KK to beat me (along with 3 of 44) I decide to go half pot just because i dont think he will call more than that with QQ, maybe JJ.

Turn is another good card, pick up nfd and the Broadway didn't come in. I go for value?? And he just doubles my bet. That is strange. In the past hands i played against this guy, if he had a hand he started betting on the flop and went all the way with it, regardless of texture, etc. If he had flopped a set i would expect him to bet.

River is wierd, he started betting the 7 so i check. Is that stupid? He bets a rather pitiful amount (600 into over 2k lol) should i just take the supreme odds given, or raise him? Given how passive he is i think i am rarely raising for value...

Spoiler: I call, he shows 77 for quads. He says "Lucky 7s, right?" So completely not what i thought his range was.

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there are no flushdraws on flop, you hit two pairs, so why do you donk? what sense to do it? as played if you called the turn I think it's just a call river but as he is a fish probably I would go allin on turn. If he would show you a set then nh, but I prefer go for a max value.