$2000 NLHE Full Ring: set, bd flush comes in facing big bet.

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hero has been playing LAG, the table is playing very tight with a lot of fit-or-fold going on post, so i have maybe overused the c-bet. Stacked around 500 BB

Villain is a thinking TAG, one of the non-nits at the table. Capable of running a bluff, fairly standard player at this game. 650 BB

Action folds to villain in Mp
Villain raises to 80
Folds to hero in CO
Hero raises to 400 with Th Td
Folds back to villain, v calls.

Flop: Tc Js 6s Pot: 830

Villain checks
Hero bets 650
Villain calls

Turn: 8c Pot: 2130

Villain checks
Hero bets 1500
Villain calls

River: 2c Pot: 5100

Villain bets 4000
Hero?

I am really only afraid of the backdoor clubs, his range doesn't really have any str8s. I don't have the Ts, which is nice, but i can't see this player bombing the river with a missed draw anyways. He can't slowplay a set on this board unless he is confident i either don't have spades or i will continue at it.

Can i make this call? Check/call all the way and he bets big when the clubs come in. He could certainly have KcQc that called with the oesd on the flop and then picked up club draw on turn, same with AcKc, AcQc with a gutter and two overs. AcJc had TPTK on flop and could definatley get to a river, but this is a weird line for TP.

Last edited:
Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you are both deep. He could easily have some oesd + bdfd on flop, tp +bdfd and from my expierence people very rarely bluff this way. Probably I would the river. Especially after 3bet pre and big bet sizes post flop. He could donk the river to not lose a value. Because you are both deep it seems like very variance spot on the river if you would decide to call. It's like 200bbs call when bdfd hits.

Full Flush Poker