$2000 NLHE Full Ring: Check call river with small boat?

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After I had cleared of the midges, it was time to set forth onto the next task: the other side! I knew that when I would be
Hero is LAG, not much else I can think of as info goes. 200BB ($4000)
Villain is a competent TAG, understands math and ranges, etc. Been very agro, slowplays his big hand though. (Sets on dry board, boats+) Likes to limp with his medium/small pocket pairs.250 BB aprox.

Action folds around to villain
Villain open-limps from LP.
Bttn limps
SB limps
Hero checks option with 7h 3d

Flop: 7c 3s 3h Pot: 80

SB bets 65
Hero calls
Villain calls
Bttn folds.

Turn: 5d Pot: 195

SB checks
Hero bets 140
Villain tanks, calls
SB folds

River: 9s Pot: 480
Hero checks
Villain bets 300
Hero calls

On the flop, I thought my range would have a lot of draw action going on. Lots of 45, 56, 64 crap that flopped gutters or running wheel draws, so I check/call. Villain could have easily called this flop with 66, 55, maybe 77 with the boat already, but we block that.
The turn is a pretty good card for most of my range, imo. I bet at it pretty big, around ¾, to rep maybe 45, I have a really agro image so I could also do this with maybe 68 or 24.
The river is another low card, I check and villain bets. Looks value-ish, he could have definatley gotten to this river with 55 or 66. He could also a srt8, though.
Should I have check called the river? Is my line up to the river fine?

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oops i had typed this into a word document that had something else written on it, pls ignore that first part :D:D

And the river is the 6 of spades, not the nine. sorry

R

RakeMyLife

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Up to the river I would have played this hand near identical. In an unraised pot, sticking with a more conservative line (since villains' range will usually be very wide) is always best.

On the river, I'm probably leading with a value raise to get straights or overconfident two pairs, which are very much in his range. Check-call is certainly not a bad play, but since a straight (or two pair) is more often in his range than a boat, I think you risk losing value by letting it go check-check.

B

bark9188

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I probably lead out the river for about 300; I think there is good value in a bet. I don't really fault the check/call but I just don't think there is a ton to be afraid of here.