$2000 NLHE Full Ring: 3s full still good?

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villain has been pretty loose, seems to play fit-or fold for the most part, aggro when he flops good, dumps when he misses. likes to limp a lot, doesn't seem like a strong player. ~150 BB

Hero has loose image, fairly aggro. 200BB

Action folds to mp
Mp1 open-limps
folds to villain in HJ
Villain limps
CO folds, bttn folds
Hero is in SB
Hero raises to 120 with 3s 3c
Mp folds
Villain calls.

Flop: 3h 7s 7d Pot: 260

Hero checks
Villain bets 150
Hero calls

Turn 5c Pot: 560

Hero checks
Villain bets 375
Hero calls 375

River: 6h Pot: 1310

Hero checks
villain bets 600
Hero calls.

Is check-calling all the way here a bad line? I cant really check raise the river, only str8s and boats can call and i don't get what random 4 hand he can have here, maybe 46 or 45 that flopped a draw and decided to stab at it? Doesn't fit his check-unless-im-strong style. He has a lot of 76, 75 etc in his range, suited connectors and one-gappers are things he likes to play.

N

NJW

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you think villain is fairly fit or fold post flop, I think you should probably raise him on the turn after the double barrel. Villain will turn up with random 7X hands here that you want to get value from and if he is semi bluffing you might even get a call from overpairs or straight draws from a terrible opponent.

As played, just call the river, you will be ahead most of the time but I think you are correct on not being able to get any value from his bet/call range if you raise.

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
cbet a flop. You say he play mostly fit or fold. So he will often play check on the flop so you lose 1 street of value. Just bet bet bet. Anyway It just doesn't matter what type of your villain is. If you decided to isolate weak players with 33 and you hit very strong hand then you should try to get value from it. Not try to play tricky. Always bet bet and bet. It makes your decisions much easier and you are sure you will get 3 streets of value.

N

NJW

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmm I guess I didn’t consider the flop action properly.

Considering OP is the preflop aggressor the flop is definitely a bet.

I

ibetmyho

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should definitely be trying to get in more chips here. Cbetting or raising turn or river. I would presume if he had a full house he would bet more on the river.
We only lose to 76,75 and 55 and possibly 66 although I don't think he would fire flop and turn with 66, so we only lose to 10 combos of hands. The way you played it I would definitely make a smallish river raise and get some value.