$2000 NLHE Full Ring: 3bet pot IP, 2nd set on wet board.

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hero is LAG, playing around 300BB stack, not been involved in very many big hands, using the c-bet a lot against certain players.

Villain is a tightish semi-nit. Fit-or-fold, when he catches a flop with TP or something he bombs it for pot, idk about top 2, sets, etc. 400BB

MP2 is TAG, thinking player. fairly standard all around. 200BB

fold,
Villain opens to 80 in UTG1
Folds to mp2
Mp2 3-bets to 300
Folds to hero in HJ
Hero calls with Js Jd
Folds back to villain, calls

Flop: Qh Js Td Pot: 900

Villain checks
Mp2 checks
Hero bets 600
Villain calls
Mp2 folds

Turn: 4s Pot: 2100

Villain checks
Hero bets 1500
Villain raises to 5500
Hero?

Yuck. Yuck. Yuck.

His range pre is something like AQo+ AJs+ 66+ KQo+ and maybe some KJs

He can play AQ this way, TPTK is something he wouldn't lead in a multi-way 3bet pot. He folds most of his single pair hands imo.

Really i am worried about AK and QQ, both of which fit his range. He could definatley check-call with AK, idk about QQ he could be afraid that somebody already has the str8. He really never has k9 or 98. He can have TT for bottom set, KK for top pair and oesd as well, but i really don't see this type of player spewing on this board with KK.

Is this a call? And should i 4-bet JJ?

P

panost

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Something is going wrong, you have Js and at the flop there is Js.
Is this hand from live game? It is far from my stakes and i don't know the tendencies of the players. Forgive me but i will try to give my opinion because i want to learn how to play.
He is a semi-nit at utg1 and a thinking tag 3b him and a lag cc. Do you think he is going to call or 4b KK preflop? And what he is doing with AK preflop call or 4b?
Probably i am wrong but i think he is going to 4b pre all of his combos of KK and the half of his combos of AK and calls the rest of AK. Maybe he can slowplay AA pre but not KK. So i think he doen't has KK otf. I think his raising range ott is the half combos of AK, AsQs if it is Js otf, QQ, TT and maybe KQs. Vs this range you have 43%.
I don't cold 4b with JJ here, think it is better to call.
Again maybe i am completle wrong for nl2000.

M

metameg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gross gross gross.

You're beating KK, AA, TT, and maybe AQ.
Well, KK+ would 4-bet pre I would have to think, even a nittier player. Which leaves TT and AQ. Are these hands really playing this slow on a draw heavy flop? I would think AQ is just flatting or folding against a Cbet on the turn, and I think TT is either repotting the flop bet or just flatting on the turn since nothing really changed too much.

Maybe he's getting super agro b/c he picked up a flush draw on the turn with TPTK?

It looks to me like he has AK. Especially when you say he likes to either pot or fold.
I don't think I could have folded in this spot, even though it seems to me like it's the best thing to do.

As for 4-betting JJ pre, I definitely think there is merit to do that here, just because of the squeeze value.

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I apologize, that was a Jc.

Yes, he 4-bets most of his AA,KK combos. As for AK, he is sort of passive, so i can see him flatting with AKo. and maybe even AKs.

Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You bet into two people on a draw heavy board and villain calls with one more player (the original 3 better) behind him. That makes villains (NIT) range very strong.

I would downsize the bet considerably on the turn already due to that.

Might be a nitty play but I would normally fold on the turn on his raise now. His range looks like very strong either QQ or AK or AQs or perhaps a KQs or even TT. But there are many more AK + QQ combos then the other ones so you are probably beat by now and with him IP he controls the pot size.