R

rysmith504

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
k so the game is $1/$3 NLHE 10-seat
Hero on the button, stack size nearly $2000
Villain in the cutoff basically the same stack size. both of us were the big stacks at the table.

Hero holds Ad As on the button. button straddled for $6. SB limps, as well as BB MP1 MP2 and CO(villain). I raised to $30. SB calls MP1 and MP2 fold and CO calls. pot: $105

Flop: Ah 2s 3d giving the hero top set

checks around to me and then i raised $100
SB folds and CO tanks a little then calls. pot now $305

Turn: Qs

villain in the cutoff checks again
I raised $200

villain reraises i think to $450

I tanked for a long time and reraised all in

Villain snap called and showed up with 4d 5s for the nut straight.

river was a brick. maybe 8c i think

so please tell me where did i **** this hand up the most?

the villain had shown a tendency to flat with these sorts of connectors even unsuited. when i had AA ealier in the game i bet $17 which the villain called and almost beat cracked them with a low two pair, but i ran out to make a boat. the villain also folded that hand facing my large raise and one caller before him.
This villain is also a super reg who i know from playing in the poker room with him. he also has a bracelet if that tells you more about his experience. i hadn't been involved with a ton of hands with him heads up though besides when we played in this game today.
im thinking maybe my biggest mistake was raising to 30. i know its 10xBB but its not the scariest sizing for this tables betting standards thinking back on it. table standard open was about $15-$20. maybe i should have just checked my set back to hopefully boat up on the turn. i guess i just didnt want to believe that 45off was in his range with that preflop raise.

Last edited:
Bricxjo

Bricxjo

Just some happy guy
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I really can't fault your play here, I think you bet enough with the 30, but once it was called once maybe villain made some calculation I am not? Here is how the calculator available on CC makes the odds. Most people with 45off should have folded. BTW the odds calculator is here https://www.cardschat.com/poker-odds-calculator.php

Attachments

• Extra.JPG
    Extra.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
M

micromoi

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there is 4 people before u limping to a straddle of 6$ and u r raising to 30$ it is just too little u need to go heads up with AA go standard there 3BB+1BB for each limper(BB there is the straddle) it's 42$ to 45$ raise to me. if he is in the hand on the flop and after it's just a cooler u cant do much in my opinion.

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As somebody who played these kind of games for a while... we need to be poping it huge with aces, kings, all the hands that play well heads up but are multi-way deathtraps.

As for your postflop play? I have no problem. It is just a sick cooler. No way to not get the money in here. The only way we could ever think about flatting and seeing a cheaper showdown is because he loves to play those connectors... even with that i still probably loose it all here.

Last edited:
Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"SB limps, as well as BB MP1 MP2 and CO"
Their are 5 players before limped for 6 in the pot so the pot is 36 raising to 30 is just to small in this situation it attracts multiple callers. Would make it about 1.5 times the pot to ~ 55.

Other then that not much you can do if the villain is capable of making this play with trips also.

T

Tuan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like your play, this is a sick cooler man. There is nothing we can do. It happens to me; I raise with AA and got 3bet by a rich guy with 9Js; I re raised all in with $1300 and he called with 9Js and river a straight on me. Some people have plenty of money to crack AA but everyday this guy is giving away $3000; someday he gets lucky that is why poker is so great, anyone can win.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you are 670 BB super deep. Your hand goes down in value because of implied odds and sneaky hands like suited 1 gappers and small pocket pairs go up in value. Besides that its just a cooler calculate this hand run 10 times 100 times 1000 times with FlopZilla and see how much villian leaks over time.