$200 NLHE Full Ring: what would you do in my position?

D

davidw

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
so im under the gun looking at AQ on a $1/3 game, raised to $15

UDG+1 called $15 and so did the button who has big stack

action goes to small blind who raised to $30, big blind fold

i call, udg+1 calls and button calls.

pot is $120

flop is A35 off suit

I have $150 left, so i bet out $30 to test the water,
UDG+1 folded right away, button called and the big blind tanks for a while, saying why is this happening to me, etc etc, then shoves his remaining $140 all in

now i go to the tank, im thinking i have An ace, the buttoned called me so he probably have a weaker ace, because im thinking the small blind probably have Kings given his reaction and wanted to gamble…

I almost folded, but given my reasoning it warrants a all since i only have $120 left,so i called and the button snap called.

turns out the button who has a huge stack, and was running very hot, has 2,4 and the big blind has AK

of course button takes down the pot

what would you do in my position, obviously i didnt consider that the button would call a $15 raise with 2,4, and the probability of all four aces delt out is very unlikely…

thanks
david:(

froggeedogs

froggeedogs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think when you are talking about the BB here you really mean the small blind who re-raised you pre-flop. you noted that the big blind folded. It also means action was on the SB first and as you didn't say, he must have checked the flop which means that he check-raised, another indication of a strong hand.When the button called you as well, you should have been on high alert. Once the SB raised your flop bet, I would have seriously considered folding. especially with the button behind you. imo

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Play with a full stack!!

IMHO Preflop, 4-bet AI (due to your stack size) or fold. You don't want to play an inflated multi-way hand with AQ and a stack size that won't protect anything.

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

pot is $120

flop is A35 off suit

I have $150 left, so i bet out $30 to test the water,
UDG+1 folded right away, button called and the big blind tanks for a while, saying why is this happening to me, etc etc, then shoves his remaining $140 all in

now i go to the tank, im thinking i have An ace, the buttoned called me so he probably have a weaker ace, because im thinking the small blind probably have Kings given his reaction and wanted to gamble…

I almost folded, but given my reasoning it warrants a all since i only have $120 left,so i called and the button snap called.

turns out the button who has a huge stack, and was running very hot, has 2,4 and the big blind has AK

of course button takes down the pot

what would you do in my position, obviously i didnt consider that the button would call a $15 raise with 2,4, and the probability of all four aces delt out is very unlikely…

thanks
david:(

Fold pre. Live players at 1/3 are super straight forward. If he has KK, and you suck out, is he paying you off? Probably not. Min 3b super fishy, AK is like the worst hand they prob have here.

Fold flop as played. EZ game.

Next hand. Results oriented? I don't think so.... I have spent alot of time at 1/2.

We only 4b jam if we have actually seen evidence this guy in the blind is out of line. Lkke we saw him 3b some napkins, actually saw the cards, not just having a suspicion they are out of line.

General rule to live by at 1/2 and 1/3, unless proven otherwise, just fold to 3b from passive opponents, unless we have a monster hand. AQ is not in the category of calling 3b.

We miss flop 2/3 of the time, and we fold. Na, don't like that.

MoryMorte

MoryMorte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That min 3-bet is scary for sure.
I would check on the flop. If facing bet and raise I'm not good for sure.
By betting you have to call for all of your stack

S

SLAYERKNOWN

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm almost always folding here, AK shoves here a lot.

quick

quick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I fold here to the SB 3bet of $30 preflop with AQ. Why? This bet shows strength of something like AK if their a bit wild or 1010 to AA in general. And when the Ace drops we now have no idea where we are in the hand.

Now if the SB simply called the $15 and we go to the flop Id be ok with a smaller exploratory bet like you did and fold to a re-raise but like others said we should be folding here pre flop to that $30 bet. Why? Because in that case we can generally rule out AA and KK and sure the AK might have flatted to see the flop but more likely we know a 3bet pre is probably at least a high pocket pair which beats us if no Ace comes or is already AA or KK making us a huge underdog.