$200 NLHE Full Ring: Sizing bet on turn

Darke

Darke

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just curious how others would have bet in given circumstances.

I have approximately $400, SB has approximately $250

In the BB with JQo. Folds to button who limps, SB raises to 10. Last 10 pots, he raised every single time, and cbet all but one flop, which was a Cbet on the turn.

I call, as does button.

Pot: $30

Flop: T98 rainbow.

SB checks, I check, Button bets $18. SB calls, I raise to $40. Button folds, SB calls.

Pot: $128

Turn: A

SB checks. How much would you bet?

B

BesseNuts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are nuts, right? I would bet a value that does not scare him. Maybe $ 40 again! Can you tells us the whole history? hahaha, He fold? What was his cards? Ill give a shot, JTs?

Last edited:
P

paapcity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Think between 40 and 60 will be an ok size seeing his rest stack.
With this ammount he might call, even with a weak A

Darke

Darke

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I had the nuts, and may be nuts too lol.

I bet 100, max bet, thinking he would likely have hit the A, possibly 2 pair. He grumbled, then folded.

I know I need to work on bet sizing for value. Most of my bets post flop are 2/3 to 3/4 pot, but seems that I don't often get called in situations where I'm looking for value such as here. Hence me asking for others to evaluate

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Considering stack sizes, pot size, the strength of your hand and the board, I think a bet of 60 would be good. If you get villain to call 60 on the turn, I think you have gotten the value on the turn while having the nuts, and he might be committed to call a big bet on the river.

Last edited:
Darke

Darke

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So definitely need to scale back the aggression. Something to try to keep in mind