$200 NLHE Full Ring: $ : Overpair on dry board goes for thin value, c-raised

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villain is tag-ish, not much else i noticed. Hasn't been involved in many pots, dumping a lot preflop. Deep stacked, around 350BB

Hero has been playing for a while, looking sort of TAG because because ive been card dead, mucking a lot. Only really been involved in a few hands. around 400BB stack.

Villain from UTG+1 raises to 6

Action folds to hero in late pos., 3-bets to 25 with Jd Js

CO, bttn, blinds fold, Villain 4-bets to 65, hero calls.

Flop 2d 8c 9c

villain checks
Hero bets 70
Villain calls

Turn: 4h

Villain checks.
Hero bets 150
Villain calls

River 3d

Villain checks
hero bets 175
Villain raises all in

Hero?

Am i dealing with a busted draw or a slow played set? Is this an easy call? Went for thin value on the river, maybe to induce a call from AcKc that missed a flush an still has two overcards. He could only have a set of 8s or 9s. TT-AA are possibility as well.

Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I were villain, almost certainly cbet AcKc on the flop.

If he only had Ac and non-club K, doubt whether he would call your 2nd barrel on the turn.

The way he played this hand is like slow play AA or KK and maybe 99.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont think we can bet 3 times and expect to be called by much worse. at best I would be betting flop and turn and checking back river. his 4betting range shouldnt include any value hands other than AK that are behind JJ (he will have some A2-5s as bluffs in theory but apart from A5cc they never get to the river). He could be value jamming AA but its a pretty weird line. I just feel like this spot is going to be underbluffed very often and we dont actually have a range advantage very often here.

Ahoy

Ahoy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with what Duggs said.

He is the original 4-bettor, I dont expect him to have a 4-bet bluffing range on 1/2, but if he has a bluffing range, as Duggs said, it will mostly be only Ac5c that gets to the river.

Note that you bet 3 times and then he jammed. Smells of pure value. How often are you going to call 2 streets in a 4-bet pot OOP and then check raise the river all in? He has pretty much 0 bluffs here unless he has a superb read on you, or he is a complete maniac.

I expect AA here a lot. Also the preflop 4-bet sizing is quite big (note that I only play online so my sizings might be different from live sizings)

It just smells of value here and I cant call this river. Also, I would not bet the turn.
Betting flop is fine because you can get one street of value from AK but we expect AK to c-bet here. After the turn card that changes nothing I cant see any other way I would play this hand than to check back the turn and 1. If Villain checks the river im checking behind, 2. If Villain bets the river I might bluffcatch depending on the sizing but Again, I dont expect him to be bluff heavy in a 4-bet pot on such stakes and I think all of his bluffs should C-bet flop because in reality he is representing super strong range preflop.

GL

EDIT:
Actually only possible bluff he has here is Ac5c. That combination blocks AA but on the other hand I would expect you to 5-bet AA.
Can you please PM me the results? :D thanks