$200 NLHE Full Ring: $ : Nut flush, board pairs on turn facing all in

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Opponent is sorta loosey-goosey, has donated a few times with hands like TP bad kicker, idiot ends of str8s. Doesn't seem to read boards all that well. Won a huge pot just a while ago so his ego and his stack are up. 650BB+

Villain opens to 7 from UTG+2

Action folds to hero on bttn with Ac 6c, calls 7

Blinds fold.

Flop Kc 9c 4c

Villain checks.
Hero bets 10
Villain calls

Turn kd

Villain checks
Hero bets 20
Villain Raises to 100
hero?
I call here

river 2 h

Villain bets 125
Hero raises to 300
Villain jams for remaining stack
Hero?

Looks like a pretty easy call, but idk he plays so weird.
I call, but what does he have here usually?

quick

quick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If' it's true he's bad at reading boards and based on his action he's got something like AK, KQ, KJ, K10. If he's an aggressive maniac yeah sometimes he shows up with a full house (kings full of whatever crap kicker he had on the board there) or a loose pocket pair like 44 that filled up.

If he's somewhat competent than he shows up with 99 but based on your description you either have his trip Kings crushed, or he bingoed a boat with a very wide range.

The only other thing that changes this I think is his flop check which makes me thing he had at one club in his hand like the Qc or Jc with his King.

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow good read quick. KsQc. Was just calling his check raise okay on the turn? or should i have wanted to get it in right there?

Ahoy

Ahoy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also think its a call given the reads. Might just call river though. If you are 100% sure he is a fish then why not get value from trips right. NH

G

Gildog89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I too would have just called the river bet of 125. As played I call the jam at the end as well. Way too much in the pot to get out now, especially from this villain.

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah I agree pretty strongly with the analysis on this thread so far - with the read that the player doesn't necessarily understand where he's at based on board texture and action, we can't really fold a hand this strong. Trips could be overplayed, worse flushes could be slowplayed first, then overplayed second... I'm not saying we never lose, but I'm not getting away.

I think you could definitely consider 3betting the turn given we know he plays so weird and I doubt he's raise/folding much if anything here. With so much money behind I think I'd be putting in a small raise to more easily get money in on river. NH overall though.

R

RakeMyLife

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You could certainly jam the turn, as it looks like a Kx or worse flush (he probably would have re-raised on the flop if he had K9).

VERY risky for hero to re-raise on the river. More often than not, you're only getting called by better hands (or put in the awkward situation that played out). If the board wasn't paired, it would be different.

Also, be sure to post hero's stack size, as this is something to consider especially in a hand like this

Full Flush Poker