$200 NLHE Full Ring: $ NLHE Full Ring: Live flop trips OOP and misplayed it

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OK I know I misplayed this hand. I just want to design a better line. I might still end up going broke but there are better ways to go broke where I can sometimes be bluff catching etc.

very limpy passive Live $1/2 table. they are stations and will generally pay you off if you make a hand (so like every $1/2 game lol)

I have $330 in front of me.

UTG limps MP limps HJ limps CO limps Button limps

I limp the SB with :6c4::5s4:

BB checks.

flop :5c4::5h4::7d4:

I decide to donk bet $10 into $14

it folds to the CO who raises me to $45. He has $250 total ($205 back) I call

Turn :ks4:

I check he bets $70 into $104. I call

Pot has $244 in it villain has $135 back

River is :10d4: I check he goes all in for $135 I start to think so I ask for a count (I know how much he has I'm just thinking).

He states "girl you better dump your hand. I have A5. Your kicker is no good"

OK, tear it apart.

lsbenn

lsbenn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What has his line of play been? Has been betting frequently, 3 betting, c betting with air?

I would have folded on the turn. You have to put your opponent on a stronger hand because you have kicker problems.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What has his line of play been? Has been betting frequently, 3 betting, c betting with air?

I would have folded on the turn. You have to put your opponent on a stronger hand because you have kicker problems.

I've only been sitting here 5 minutes. we just have to assume general population tendencies.

the guy is older (50?) eastern european accent (russian?) drinking a redbull and a beer

G

Gimmiedaloot007

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
First off who the hell drinks red bull and beer?! Secondly I agree with Isbenn fold on the turn, I couldn't put him on anything else than a 5 and if he does I'm probably out kicked because he wasn't in the blind(probably an A or face with his 5) It happens to me but then I know its my own fault for playing 5 6 off. (Not digging at you i know you were sb)..

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not really sure why you assert that you misplayed the hand. You CAN be bluff catching sometimes - you'll have some better 5x, you'll have 75 that prefers to call down, you'll likely have A5s and K5s yourself, and potentially A5o too.

But on top of this, he's so unlikely to be bluffing in this 7ish way pot that it's not even bluff catching so much as "calling down with hands that perform well against his value range."

His flop raise alone reeks of 5x, and is so rarely going to be 86 or 7x that we can probably dump our worst 5x on the flop, although in practice I almost always peel once with any 5 just to see what goes down. Occasionally you'll see some turn checks and get to decide what to do from there when he has a weak 5x that doesn't feel confident anymore, or something like 88 or 99.

As played on turn I think it's very close but probably a good spot to let it go when our kicker is so weak and when this player likely has a lot of A5, 75, 85s, 95s, K5s. On the river, I would wager a lot of money that he has exactly what he tells you he has.

B

bark9188

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is very close to a bet/fold flop for me but I'm not sure I possess that discipline. I probably call and check/fold the turn. Very, very few hands you are beating after the flop raise.

Organize a Home Poker Game