$200 NLHE Full Ring: $ : NLHE - AA with nut FH on river

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you have AA and isolated preflop so that you are headsup...

Is there ever a reason NOT to raise a river bet on this board?

K67KK

99 should pay?
Any 6 or 7 ?

Quads is the only concern....

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
No, you should always raise.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
More information, please

If you have AA and isolated preflop so that you are headsup...

Is there ever a reason NOT to raise a river bet on this board?

K67KK

99 should pay?
Any 6 or 7 ?

Quads is the only concern....

Hi there Poker_Mike, thank you for posting your hand. However, the way you explain does not allow us to properly analyse your hand:

A) Do you have AA from which position?
B) "isolated" means a single raised pot, 3bet pot or 4bet pot?
C) Villain is in position over me or do I have position over villain?
D) Do I have any stats or notes over this villain?
E) How was my image at the table when the action happened?
F) How was the Villain's image at the table when the action happened?
G) Stack sizes of Villain and Hero = ?
H) How did both Villain and Hero played the Flop?
I) How did both Villain and Hero played the Turn?
J) How did both Villain and Hero played the River?

I don't know any of these items above, but according to your question I will try my very best:

"Is there ever a reason NOT to raise a river bet on this board?

K67KK"

There are several reasons for not raise this river:

1) You are playing 200 NLHE, which means that for the most "fishy" your opponent is, it would be most of times a very decent player/fish/recreational one. If I were playing at the micros I know for sure that many players would go all in in this river with 22+, any 6 or 7 no matter the stack sizes. At 200 NLHE I am not so sure, because the ammount of recreational players is minimal.

2) Another reason is if you are 300 blinds deep and Villain is 300 bb when the hand began. Do you really believe that at 200 NLHE a fish would be putting 300 bb (USD 600) on the table with 22+ (Any pair here completes a Full House, any 6, any 7) If the answer is yes, okay easy call/raise. :D

Depending on how big my stack is in relation to the pot versus villain stack versus board configuration I would simply call this river with my value hand, that can be the nuts in most of cases here, but it is not a few chunk of times. I would re-raise this river or jam upon it if I am close to 100 blinds deep and I have river information/showdown history with the player that it might be trying to bluff me with 22+ or any 6 or 7.
If we are in a 3bet pot the situation gets very dirty. By the same token that the board blocks 75% of combinations of combos of kings that the opponent could have, if we consider some types of players (Average Regulars, Good Regulars, even Breakeven Regulars, NIT's TAG's LAG's), we know that in 3bet/4bet pots they will have a lot of Kx in their ranges.
We know that some kind of players never re-raise river, unless when they have the cold stone nuts. Against a player like this I would fold to some ludicrous jam in the river, but I could call in a medium frequency, for exploitation to avoid to be bluffed in a lot of rivers with bluffs or worse hands on V's range.
I would do such action of calling a jam or re-raising river with a very strong value hand with a regular when I have a sample of hands played of at least 2 K (two thousand) hands.

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you raise that river, do you plan on folding to a reraise?

Aragveli81

Aragveli81

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Quads always goes to all in there and you always call there ! If just some bet ... go all in no problem !

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How many combos are we loosing to (how much Kx is in Vs range given all the action)? What was the pre flop action? How many to the flop? What was the post flop action? What kind of V are we facing? In general I agree that raising river for value is correct (Zeebo's theorem). But depending on the answers to several questions like those above it can get thinner and thinner really quick. Would be super gross to get re-jammed into by a nit but at least then we can make an exploitative fold. Vs a LAG / maniac, not so much.