€200 NLHE Full Ring: Live 1/2 88 UTG+2

bgomez89

bgomez89

Resident Thugmaster
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A bet for two seemingly opposite reasons at the same time make me feel like I'd be lost in the hand

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
vs diff parts of his range bets do different things

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bets can be for two different reasons at the same time, but they still have to work vs specific hands in his range. I don't see how it applies here without bringing in metagame and balance, which in a 200nl live game is pretty lol.

I bet turn if villain can get to the turn with Ax/22,55-77, AND call turn with them. I think his range is mostly AK on the turn though tbh.

Otherwise the reasons for betting don't add up. Being less exploitable vs OOP floats?........really?

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chuck, I don't remember I time I ever disagreed with you but I think saying that meta isn't important in $1-$2 live games is amazing.

bgomez89

bgomez89

Resident Thugmaster
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is meta important at 5nl?

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Meta is important at any table you ever sit at. What we know of human nature is that people always vastly overestimate the importance of recent events. How many times have you been caught bluffing and then that same villain looks you up ridiculously light?

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here's more from Ronin Talken in that thread I mentioned, emphasis mine:

It's totally okay to bet when we never get called by worse and never fold better. My argument is just that it's a bluff. Someone folds their equity share and we collect dead money, that's how I define a bluff.

I think that a large portion of the time, our play is going to be the same in these spots. However:
- I just think its very clear that we are turning our hand into a bluff...it's correct to do so in many situations. If we play our hand in any other way, we have a capped range. Capped ranges are pretty easy to exploit and very difficult to play (without a lot of knowledge of our opponent's tendencies). So we make a decision to sacrifice the showdown value of our hand in favor of the fold equity our opponent's range allows us.

I just think that acknowledging what we are doing and why we are doing it is good for our development and overall winrate. People should take a moment and realize that they are turning a hand into a bluff when they bet and don't expect 51%< equity against their opponent's range.

Organize a Home Poker Game