U

unicorn32

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
$1/3 Cash game
Hero: 550 effective. CO has 700.

Additional info: CO is loose aggressive.

Hero pocket JsJc middle position. Straddle 6. UTG+2 calls MP1 calls. Raise to 30 from MP2. HJ CO BUTTON and BB call. Both limpers fold. 163 in pot. Flop comes 7d5d4c. BB checks. I check. CO bets 75. BB calls. I make it 200. CO tank calls. BB folds. 630 in pot. Turn comes Kc. I jam. CO folds.

Please offer feedback of if you think I played this good/bad. Tricky to play JJ 5 ways on this board but interesting line I took on this hand.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, preflop is fine. To me postflop seem like a bit of an overplay. Its a tough spot, but I feel, that when you play your hand this fast, you will only get action, when you are behind.

H

Hermus

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As the pre-flop raiser in a multiway low drawish flop you'll almost always have the range advantage, but the pre-flop callers hold most of the draws. In this situation, most overpairs, in particular the combo's that don't contain a blocker to the (backdoor) flush draw, benefit a lot from equity denial. For that reason, I think c-betting quite large should at least be considered. Check-raising also looks nice, but because the stack to pot ratio is already so low I would probably just shove over the top. If we check/shove the flop I think we feel relatively comfortable with getting folds or calls.

As played, the king on the turn feels very awkward, but checking just turns our hand face-up and we're close to pot committed anyway. On average the card should be better for our range so maybe we even get some better hands to fold. I would've preferred getting the money in on the flop but shoving the turn doesn't feel that bad.

Overall I think you played very good and I would've taken a similar line. Playing the overpair passively in a multiway pot on a very passive table is probably also perfectly fine, but I think this was the perfect spot to get aggressive with this specific holding.

C

ciriciric

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are taking this line you would probably be better off to pick spots where effective stacks are lower and jam the flop. Also avoid this line against good regs as they could exploit you.
Your line screams overpairs and you could be punished and get 3-bet jam from villain and he could do that with all the sets 2 pairs (45s) and all the straight and flush draws which are a lot of combos.
Folding overpairs after check raise is horrible and calling 3bet jam with overpair is not pleasent as well

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like the flop x/r. Either cbet it your self or x/c this multi way. Sure we have lots of overpairs but we pretty much never have 63s or 86s or 44 or 55 or 54s. I think you get the idea here. Even with the top of our range we aren't doing well against anything that continues unless we have one of the 3 combos of 77 and we are OOP to the action. Once we x/r flop I think we kind of handcuff ourselves into jamming turn. At that point after the tank flop call it may be the best play from OOP since there aren't really any good river cards and our read is that V is not strong but I don't think it's good to put ourselves in this spot to begin with. We probably got him off a hand like 76 or 65 or a sticky flush draw but it could have just as easily been 2 pair, a set, or a straight that puts US on the draw or over pair and calls. And if V is LAG as you say then all the straights, 2 pair, and sets are in play along with combo draws but V will also have air a good portion of the time when checked to. So I wouldn't want to x/r him off his air and get called by all the high equity hands OOP with a relatively capped range compared to the board texture. There's also the issue of half the deck or more being really tough to play on the turn OOP.