Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
very soft Live $1/2 table.

it folds to me in HiJack and I have :ad4::10c4: and about $600 I make it $10

literally everyone left to act calls lol. so I get 5 callers. 6 players see a flop.

pot $60

Flop: :3d4::4c4::5d4:

blinds check I see no point in Cbetting I'm not trying to play a big multiway pot OOP with Ace High

the button bets $10. This bet means absolutely nothing. he is just one of those guys who is in love with putting money in the pot and if it checks to him he doesn't like to check so he bets. I have once seen him do this with the mortal nuts but I don't think he would do this with 2 pair or a straight on this draw heavy board 6 ways.

The SB goes all in for $35

he is pretty terrible as well. he keeps rebuying for the table minimum which is $40 and I've seen a whole bunch of hands he has shown down. He has probably rebought 8 or 9 times in 2 hours. He just doesn't really know how to play and when he sees a hand he doesn't want to fold he goes all in. this could be a hand like any 5, 2 overs like KJ or even some Ace high. I will be decently ahead of his unpaired range.

BB folds and I decide on a high variance play and make it $100

I have the nut flush blocker, a gutshot and 2 overs. but also, if I admit it I'm thinking "screw these guys. they haven't seen me check raise big yet. They're a bunch of pussies and they have nothing, or at least nothing they can call me with."

probably not the best poker logic.

anyways they all fold. and I get to take $65 back and I'm HU with the short stacker. That was really my goal since I was being laid 3:1 on a call vs him but I didn't want to call I wanted to be HU.

Is this complete spew?

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can get on board with it i think you explained it all very well and the logic seems sound.I dont think i would do it to often i think it's a little spewy but not drastically.Given your table image and reads and the fact you accomplished what you wanted to id say it was well thought out at the time.Unless they have 67 your going to have a decent chunk of equity + fold equity.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Would you agree it’s a raise or fold spot? I think even with the good pot odds it’s a leak to just flat here.

I’m thinking I should fold this like 75% of the time on the flop and take the high variance line 25%. I’ve also left myself enough room to fold if one of the bigger stacks was sand bagging and jams.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Personally i would fold i could find much better spots on the table described.It's not really a play i think you need to make vs a table full of fishy players tbh. Against players you have a huge edge over why give up that edge by handing them huge chunks of equity in high varience plays.

Last edited:
PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I should of added that yes i think it's a raise or fold spot i wouldn't flat, followed by the above.

quick

quick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is going to be an easy flop fold most of the time especially given how you've described the table.

As played multi-way it's a spew as you've said the opponents here pretty much play ATC. So there's sets, two pairs, over pairs, or the Ax where they hit their small pair on flop, then turn is an Ace and we're in a tough spot.

I agree we can't simply call that all in there so it's raise or fold and raising as played was super high variance and we're beat a large chunk of the time.