$200 NLHE Full Ring: $HE Full Ring: FOLDING AK TO A MAN SHAKING . Do you call?

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In cutoff AKOS Raise $15 pre flop. Get two callers effective stack $300. Button and sb call. Sb effective stack $125 playing all types of junk.

FLOP A Q 5 Rainbow

SB leads $20.
I Call
Button all in for $40.
He calls I call.
Turn 10 brings 2 diamonds.
Small blind starts shaking, scratching head, looking behind him,Totally confused and nervous. It was for a good 10 seconds.
He leads into me again for $35.
At this point I’m like WTF is going on?
Flopped set? Two pair? A trash kicker? Turned straight..doubt it. Turned two pair? Thought for few seconds and folded. Never bet that much in pots before Put him on two pair... River blank. Both players show AJ. Should I be calling turn bet and see what happens on river? Later says he just started playing poker few months ago....

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
He was fishing for a straight and hoping he would hit a king, maybe scared you might hit a flush. I think you should be raising on the flop and/or turn to probe the strength of his hand.

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He was fishing for a straight and hoping he would hit a king, maybe scared you might hit a flush. I think you should be raising on the flop and/or turn to probe the strength of his hand.

Never though about raising flop. Like it. Puts him a weird spot. He calls you know he has Ax if he goes all in. Simple fold. Thanks. Problem solved

C

cs_rlewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy call, can't fold top pair here on the turn

M

mikeisthebestever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The raise on the flop is not to "probe strength." The raise is purely for value. Value from straight draws, flush draws, backdoors, lesser top pairs, random hands that want to take one off. ALL Value. "Probing strength" is not a valid reason to bet. Knowing why you are betting is half the battle.

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The raise on the flop is not to "probe strength." The raise is purely for value. Value from straight draws, flush draws, backdoors, lesser top pairs, random hands that want to take one off. ALL Value. "Probing strength" is not a valid reason to bet. Knowing why you are betting is half the battle.

Great comment, do you feel that you are doing this just with Top pair top kicker?

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Very interesting comment. How would you describe your decision process when re-raised from your value bet?

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need to know.

In cutoff AKOS Raise $15 pre flop. Get two callers effective stack $300. Button and sb call. Sb effective stack $125 playing all types of junk.

FLOP A Q 5 Rainbow

SB leads $20.
I Call
Button all in for $40.
He calls I call.
Turn 10 brings 2 diamonds.
Small blind starts shaking, scratching head, looking behind him,Totally confused and nervous. It was for a good 10 seconds.
He leads into me again for $35.
At this point I’m like WTF is going on?
Flopped set? Two pair? A trash kicker? Turned straight..doubt it. Turned two pair? Thought for few seconds and folded. Never bet that much in pots before Put him on two pair... River blank. Both players show AJ. Should I be calling turn bet and see what happens on river? Later says he just started playing poker few months ago....

Thank you for sharing this post.

You don't know the player and he just bet $35 into $165 He looks confused and he made a weak ass bet and he plays all kinds of junk. How do we put him on hands that we do not have the right equity to call?

Do you know about Bart Hanson and his Crush Live Poker training site? He has free youtube videos and a pay site. Invest in your learning seek out his training.

Reach out to me anytime you want to discuss new concepts you are learning from his site.

:)

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you for sharing this post.

You don't know the player and he just bet $35 into $165 He looks confused and he made a weak ass bet and he plays all kinds of junk. How do we put him on hands that we do not have the right equity to call?

Do you know about Bart Hanson and his Crush Live Poker training site? He has free youtube videos and a pay site. Invest in your learning seek out his training.

Reach out to me anytime you want to discuss new concepts you are learning from his site.

:)

Didn’t even think about that...Was deff tired at table. Weak bet weak hand my mistake lesson learned

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Glad I helped but....

Didn’t even think about that...Was deff tired at table. Weak bet weak hand my mistake lesson learned

The point you made about being tired is significant. The reason I recommended you invest in training is not because you have no skill but because it would seem your skills are not as the saying goes "stamped in concrete" yet.

The training we do away from the table helps us when we are not playing our A game. Weak bet weak hand for example. If off the table we drill that into our brains, on the table at 2 am after 14 hrs of play the first thing we will think of is that exact point. It has to become automatic, when it isn't we truly do not know it as well as we hoped.

The Mental Game of Poker by Jared Tendler has an excellent section on how to study poker to make certain thought patterns automatic.

I highly recommend the book and if you ever want to do a book study just reach out to me.

Keep grinding:)

Folding in Poker