$200 NLHE Full Ring: Flop decision with JTs

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This was a cash game session at this smaller poker room in my hometown, stakes 1/2, stacks are between 100-150BBs (can't remember the exact count but we were pretty even)
Villain is an ok, solid player, likes to play wide range of hands and open with them, but seems to play cautiously post flop. I have seen him value his good cards the same way he bluffed a couple of times, meaning no real info on the strength of his hand based on the bet sizing.

I am on the BB position and look at :jd4: :10d4:.
Just to be clear, the raises pre-flop are huge in comparison to the BB and are usually between 7-12BBs.

So there is one limp from UTG, action folds to the BU who raises 8BBs (16$).
I call from the BB, limper calls. pot is around 50$.

Flop is: :8d4::7h4: and Ad (no picture for some reason) so basically I flop a gutter and a FD.
I check the flop, limper UTG checks, BU raises slightly over 1/2 pot (The pot is now close to 80$)

My question is what is your play here and why? What do you think is villain's range?

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
first I call I have many outs and about villain's range I would have it in AK-AQ, but in the worst case if he got the set with AA I call anyway the size of the pot is worth the risk

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like betting out in these situations and letting villian call...unless they are aggro and raise big then I just check but from what you've said I would definitely lead. Because when you hit your hand it is so painfully obvious if you checked flop. Also villian could have a Mid to high pocket pair he could be pushed off of. They also check back turn often so you disguise your hand especially if flush turns......I'm never folding in this situation. If villian goes for bet on flush turned you can check raise super trap him on turn with the check raise. I would bet out 90% of time never folding only to an all in and check 10% of time on that flop.

C

cs_rlewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would check raise here with the intention of firing turn and river if draws even if we miss. This is one of the best bluffs in our range and balances the times we have strong made hands such as sets and two pairs