$200 NLHE Full Ring: Do I call this flop pot shove?

V

vwpokernut

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey All,

I am dealt Kings on the button

Limps around, I raise it to 24

Only Cutoff calls

So pot is about 80

New player at the table, early 20s, reg

His stack is 160

Flop comes AQs 4c

My Kings are red

He checks

I bet 40

He shoves for 145

What would y'all do in this situation

thanks so much

TheBigFinn

TheBigFinn

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This sucks. Not sure what the flop was before Hero's raise to $24. If there was ~$80 after one caller this implies there was $34 in the pot when hero raised (80-24-22) . If so the preflop raise was light. What were the blinds? Doesn't seem possible to have that many limpers.

I am going to assume the OOP caller has a 15% calling hand heavy on suited aces, connectors, pairs and broadways. Against that range Hero is 75% favorite pre and a 55% favorite on the flop.

There is another problem in the description. Villain can't have a $60 stack and then shove for $145. It doesn't make much difference. There is $265 in the pot (80+40+145) and Hero has to call $125 to win $265. What combos does Villain shove with out of the range we gave her?

Obviously all of her aces. I gave her AA, AJ+, A5s+ so 3+36+18=57, all ahead. She may also shoves any queen, KQ, QQ, QJs, so 12+3+3=18, but only 15 are behind, QQ made trips. So 60 losers to 15 losers. Add in the non-ace flush draws KJ, JT, T9, 98, 87 and a few bluffs and Hero has a problem. A tight player doesn't shove the queens and is ahead, but a loose bluffy player gives the odds to call. Given Villain is an unknown who over limped and called a raise OOP, I have to call.

Last edited:
C

cs_rlewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Id fold here. You are blocking a straight draw. Most likely villain is shoving for value

Also you don't have to bet here. You can easily check behind with position on the cutoff

G

G00fyAA

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah this sucks..i think you are beat alot, but a fold seems too weak, particularly in a live game. If we can run it multiple times thats better at least. I'm calling against 17/20 opponents...try to get a read...TT/JJ are always possibile against a reg, and if they are fishiy it could be mych worse...but yeah as described it screams AXs to me...for taht amount and given its capped i just call.

Edit PS*
Also - when i call here I flip them up...this will pay dividends in your image regardless

Last edited: