$200 NLHE Full Ring: Call with QQ on this flop?

TonyTwoCheeks

TonyTwoCheeks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had a tough spot last week. Playing $1-$2 @ Cherokee, NC.
Hero stack: $250
UTG+1 stack: $120
*** PRE-FLOP ***
Hero: dealt [Qh Qc]
UTG+1: raises $15 (typical open at this game is $10-$12)
Low-Jack: call $15
Cut-off (Hero): raises $50
Small Blind: folds
Big Blind: folds
UTG+1: calls $50
Low-Jack: folds
Pot Size: $118
*** FLOP *** [Kd Jc Js]
UTG+1: raises all-in $70
Hero: What to do?
UTG+1 is aggressive on flop and at least two other times he has limp-called a pre-flop raise and then leads out before the PFR and takes down those pots.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's live 1/2... call. For that price and action it's close, or call / fold isn't some big leak either way.

madjek

madjek

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
While I agree with prev post, it is just little over half the pot all in so I guess I'd probably call but what are you really hoping for. He raised initially, so I guess hoping for smaller pair? Like was said , it is 1/2 live so maybe any A. My guess is he hit the K and you are hoping for the 2 outer or runner runner str.

C

cs_rlewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably a fold but for just over half pot bet size we can call, especially if he's done this play before
Don't think we are beating much though

T

Tuan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a fold but just remember that he led out on a KJJ board with no draw possible; if I was the guy, I would check this board because there is no danger to his Kx or his Jx. There is no way you would 3bet him pre flop with Q10 for a straight draw. Plus I don't like his play leading out into a 3bettor on this flop because we never fold AKo, AKs, KK, JJ, KQs, and sometimes AJs; it's a lose lose situation for the guy because he is not getting paid and when we have those hands he is beat.

Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Given your description of the villain:UTG+1 is aggressive on flop and at least two other times he has limp-called a pre-flop raise and then leads out before the PFR and takes down those pots.
On what type of boards was that e.g. only low cards or also when high cards where present?

and
- board is reasonable for a bluff, although the K is def hitting your range good
- pot odds are great
So I would tend to make the call.

swannymojo

swannymojo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In this spot i call. Given the game size...I don't hate a call/ fold on the river though. I wouldn't jam pre-flop though.

A

animalitymk3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had a tough spot last week. Playing $1-$2 @ Cherokee, NC.
Hero stack: $250
UTG+1 stack: $120
*** PRE-FLOP ***
Hero: dealt [Qh Qc]
UTG+1: raises $15 (typical open at this game is $10-$12)
Low-Jack: call $15
Cut-off (Hero): raises $50
Small Blind: folds
Big Blind: folds
UTG+1: calls $50
Low-Jack: folds
Pot Size: $118
*** FLOP *** [Kd Jc Js]
UTG+1: raises all-in $70
Hero: What to do?
UTG+1 is aggressive on flop and at least two other times he has limp-called a pre-flop raise and then leads out before the PFR and takes down those pots.

I think you have to throw away your queens. Queens is hard to play because of the ace or king coming on flops. If you called the all-in, I think it was a bad idea.

M

micromoi

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i see your read on him but still a tough spot to call in, i will give up on the hand i move on, a K or a J are on his range it's not woth it to go there looking for a 2 outer. for mr it's a fold

mbrenneman0

mbrenneman0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Honestly you can get away with jamming all in pre vs utg+1 open. The abnormally large raise, especially if its not characteristic fof this player means hes unlikely to fold. My initial thought is to put him on a range of 88+ and AQo+ he probably calls a jam with TT+ and AK.

Stack depth makes the $50 3bet awkward because your goung to the flop with about a 0.8 SPR

As played im snap folding this flop to the donk bet. There are better spots to get your momey in and unless you have a read on the player that says otherwise, the donk bet means he has a piece of it. There is no piece of that flop in his range that you beat.

TonyTwoCheeks

TonyTwoCheeks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm really pleased with this thread. We have 4 calls and 5 folds.

Shoving with a J makes no sense. Maybe he has AK. But as I mentioned in a previous thread pattern recognition is important. Being that I was calling $70 for a pot of $188, I called. Dealer ran the board without cards turned over. He hesitated and I turned my Qs over. He frowned, mucked, and walked away.

mbrenneman0

mbrenneman0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm really pleased with this thread. We have 4 calls and 5 folds.

Shoving with a J makes no sense. Maybe he has AK. But as I mentioned in a previous thread pattern recognition is important. Being that I was calling $70 for a pot of $188, I called. Dealer ran the board without cards turned over. He hesitated and I turned my Qs over. He frowned, mucked, and walked away.
Live players dont think about the game in a logical way. Theyd rather you fold when they have 95% equity than risk getting sucked out on. I suppose its possible he jams flop with TT 99 or even 88 too. I wouldnt have counted on it without seeing him bet with some weak holdings before.