Total posts
Chips
UTG limps
I limp 8D7D UTG+1 ($230)

Villain Raises to 12 from cutoff ($150)

Limper calls I call

Flop - 7S 8S QS

Checks to villain who bets 25

Other limper thinks for a while before making the call. (clearly not sure what to do)

I raise to 100.

Is this the right move?

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you made a correct play making it 100. It gets the others to realize you have a monster holding and the V seems to have AQ. What was the result?

Z

zbalogh

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
V has KK with a spade. He calls for the rest of his chips. Turn is a King and I lose the hand

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Honestly when your suited connector gets raised 6x that's usually a good fold pre-flop. It's an unusual raise size from cutoff and unless you know that player to be an aggro bluffer you can probably pick a better spot to test the villain with.

As usual, when you flop two pair, especially on a wet coordinated board, chances are that you are going to get screwed. I don't know if you played this live or online, but online it happens all the time. I literally do not remember the last time this has NOT happened to me or any other player I have seen with a two pair flopped. It has come to the point that I no longer even bet two pairs.

You can lose to every single combination above your two pair. You can only really improve to a boat with 4 outs. That is it. Mathematically you would be better off but only marginally. Plug it into an equity calculator. You are flipping with just under 50/50 against Kings with the suited king in there.

Now, what are you hoping for when you raise to 100? What hands are going to call you here? You are not going to extract any value except maybe from AQ and even that is unlikely to be in the range of the villain.

0815am

0815am

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don’t like the overlimp preflop. You will get raised often and also if pot is limped multi-way there might be a lot of dominating flush hands out there.

As played I would just call flop and hope to boat up on turn. If you get it in you will be in not great shape.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
A suited connector from early position is very loose. A lot of players left to act, who can raise it up with position on you. If you were on BTN or CO, I can be ok with limping behind, but not from UTG+1.

Postflop
Someone could have a flush already, and even when that is not the case, your hand will go up in smoke, if another spade hit the board. So to me check-raising is almost an overplay. I would probably need at least a set to check-raise, because sets have much better equity. Bottom two pair is easily counterfeited, and you only have 4 outs to boat up.