I call
Pot £132
Turn 6
Sb bets £100
I call
River A
All in both

Sb shows 6s full of 10s

I think my chance to get away from this was on the turn and I should of made a slick fold.
I just didn't think the SB would limp with 88 or 66 and would fold 10 6 and 8 6 to a raise preflop,
Kind of annoyed at myself for this one and also pretty tilted

N

Niykk

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Always fold weak paired A on the turn if faced with aggression on the turn, even before that if there is any pair on the flop because a set has you beat, as well as stronger A, fh etc. just not worth it in the long run to be calling let alone 3-or-4-betting

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a tricky situation, and not as simple as saying '...you should have folded the turn.'

The play here is very read specific. The player is very bad (calling a raise to 7.5 X out of position after just completing) I've seen many of this breed of player go absolutely nuts with a top pair/worse kicker than you. So whether we're calling, folding, or raising should be dependent on our reads.

Have you observed this guy for many hands?

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Blinds £1/2
Both about 100BBs deep
Hero in BB with

Dealer limps
Sb completes
I raise to £15 with A10off suit
Dealer folds
Sb calls
Pot £32
Flop
10 8 6 rainbow
SB checks
I bet 1/2 pot £16
Sb raises to £50
I call
Pot £132
Turn 6
Sb bets £100
I call
River A
All in both

Sb shows 6s full of 10s

I think my chance to get away from this was on the turn and I should of made a slick fold.
I just didn't think the SB would limp with 88 or 66 and would fold 10 6 and 8 6 to a raise preflop,
Kind of annoyed at myself for this one and also pretty tilted ��

Thank you for posting

Focus on preflop

Why are we making it 15? Is this a common open size? Are we not indicating medium strength hand here? Would we make it 15 with AA? Are your Villains calling 15 with AX worse that they limped?
We are ahead of most limping ranges so we do not need to win the pot now- we can use post flop skills to get more value on later streets. We also want to balance our range 4x would be fine -we could just check it as well for the reasons below.
The BTN limped so I do not want them to fold preflop I want to play post flop for their stack. In cash games we make way more ROI letting weak players stay in pots preflop.

Hope this helps
:):)