$200 NLHE Full Ring: AKs turns top top double barrel's facing donk shove on river

S

Sam Powers

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hero in BB w/ $210 stack dealt :as4: :ks4:

Preflop: folds to SB w/ $200 stack who opens for $7, Hero raises to $14, SB calls

Flop: :8c4: :5s4: :2h4: (pot: $28)
SB checks, Hero bets $18, SB calls

Turn: :kd4: (pot: $64)
SB checks, Hero bets $40, SB calls

River: :10s4: (pot: $144)
SB shoves for $128, Hero calls $128.

(Pot: $400)

SB shows hand

Put me on blast yall :smile:

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm presuming you lost the hand.

I think that with the typical hyperaggro B vs B dynamic, your hand is too strong too fold.

There are some missed wheel draws, and some other random hands that he could have chosen to bluff shove the river with. Unfortunately, there are also some value hands in that range that have you beaten.

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hero in BB w/ $210 stack dealt :as4: :ks4:

Preflop: folds to SB w/ $200 stack who opens for $7, Hero raises to $14, SB calls

Flop: :8c4: :5s4: :2h4: (pot: $28)
SB checks, Hero bets $18, SB calls

Turn: :kd4: (pot: $64)
SB checks, Hero bets $40, SB calls

River: :10s4: (pot: $144)
SB shoves for $128, Hero calls $128.

(Pot: $400)

SB shows hand

Put me on blast yall :smile:

If think he's probably flopped a set or maybe rivered a set if you lost the hand can't see any two pair other than K10 but would that float the flop unlikely

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like the pre flop min 3B. We should be making this 25-28 at least with our whole 3B range. If not we will be either 3B too narrow or losing EV with our weaker hands and bluffs do to range disadvantage and lack of fold equity.

Flop and turn seem fine as played, not going to nit pick bet sizing. Pot would have been larger if we 3B larger even if we then down bet the dry flop.

River is close for me. I'd resort to stats and make a read. How often is V calling down, what's Vs aggression factor and freq. What's his river AF? Board is super dry so it's easy for V to play sets this way and due to the min raise and it being BvB I think V has some two pair combos as well. Depending on reads I can go either way on the river but probably lean call with no reads BvB in a 3B pot with TPTK.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As said already your 3-bet is to small, and if you use a more normal size like even 3X, then TPTK is a very easy automatic stack off postflop in a 3-bet pot. As played there is almost a pot sized bet left on the river, but I am not sure, that even changes things that much. The opponents line is definitely weird. He is representing an oddly played flopped set, sticky TT, that rivered it, and maybe a hand like T8s or KT, that somehow made it past the flop.

Some people will spazz donk shove the river, when they miss their draw or feel, their marginal made hand is not good enough to call again. So I dont really see myself folding TPTK to this line of this runout, unless there was some kind of live read, that this guy would only get it in with the nuts.

For me this all boils back down to preflop. By 3-betting to a more normal size you reduce the chance of getting called by hands like 22, 55 or T8s and therefore also the chance of getting coolered on a board like this. And in general its better to win a small pot without showdown than losing your entire stack on the river.