$200 NLHE Full Ring: 3 Barrel turn after 3betting 99 pre?

G

Gildog89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Live $1/2. I have been active and am kind of running over the table. I have 3-bet twice out of the blinds and the opener in this hand call folded both times. The 2 times I got to show down, I had full houses. Most of the table is topping off so no real short stacks at the table. The initial opener in the hand is a little loose passive with $300 behind. The caller hasn't played much since I sat down and has $400 behind. I have them both covered and am in the button with 9d 9c.

V1 opens for $12 in MP
V2 flats $12 in the CO
Hero raises to $36 in the button (9d 9c)
Blinds fold and both V's call

Pot is $111

Flop 7h 8c Td

Checks to me
I C-bet $60
V1 calls
V2 folds

Pot is $231

Turn 7h 8c Td 2s
V1 Checks
I decide to barrel for $100 (half of V's remaining stack)

Is barreling this turn correct? I am pot committing V here, so should I just jam this turn?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
99 is to strong to turn into a bluff, and to weak to bet multible streets for value. So just check back the turn and see, what happen on the river. Its also not a mandatory C-bet on the flop, but C-betting can be ok, at least it deny some equity from overcards.

R

redwards92

never going to move up
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
we are super blocking hands we want him to have.

hand doesn't seem like a very good candidate to 3b in this spot really. . . and size up x3 + x1 for each caller.

check turn. also turn bets = second barrel.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Barreling the turn is pretty bad. We have showdown value and a great draw.

K

kanselau

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like either a Call or Raise in the BB but you need to size up if you decide to Raise .
The open Raiser would be making a mistake to fold to your raise and once he calls the CO is getting a really good price to call also , which means you will be playing two opponents out of position.
Not an ideal situation with 99.
The raise should at least give you a chance to take it down pre or get heads up.

I like a C-Bet here as we have flopped well but I would size down to keep the pot small until we have made our hand . A small bet is likely to clean up your equity a little by folding overcards and getting value from worse .
A big bet Blows up the pot to a size were we are committing to our hand due to stack to pot ratio, in a situation where your either way ahead or way behind.

As played turn is a clear check for pot control.
What is you purpose for the Turn bet ?
It seems to me that you are getting worse hands to fold and getting called and shoved on by better .
Whats the plan?

G

Gildog89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like either a Call or Raise in the BB but you need to size up if you decide to Raise .
The open Raiser would be making a mistake to fold to your raise and once he calls the CO is getting a really good price to call also , which means you will be playing two opponents out of position.
Not an ideal situation with 99.
The raise should at least give you a chance to take it down pre or get heads up.

I like a C-Bet here as we have flopped well but I would size down to keep the pot small until we have made our hand . A small bet is likely to clean up your equity a little by folding overcards and getting value from worse .
A big bet Blows up the pot to a size were we are committing to our hand due to stack to pot ratio, in a situation where your either way ahead or way behind.

As played turn is a clear check for pot control.
What is you purpose for the Turn bet ?
It seems to me that you are getting worse hands to fold and getting called and shoved on by better .
Whats the plan?

I agree that my turn barrel is really bad here. Real time, I was thinking this guy folds way too much and I thought I could get him to fold a T or even JJ while drawing to the straight if he calls. I also was thinking I don't want to give hands like AJ, AQ, AK a free card.

If he check/jams the turn on me, I think I have to call. If he calls and jams a brick or a non J over card OTR, I would have folded to this passive player. Another reason the turn barrel is bad.

If I'm being honest with myself, there is a bit of tilt in my play because the session was going overly well. In this specific case, V went into the tank before reluctantly folding.

K

kanselau

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At those stakes villains are really bad at folding , they find it hard to fold top pairs yet alone overpairs because they are mostly not thinking about your range .
I would thinking about pot control a lot if I was you , try to keep the pot small with 1pair hands as you don't want to stack off with 1 pair and build the pot with your nutted range.
I played many years in the low stakes and it worked wonders for me , when you move up stakes balance becomes more important .

I agree that my turn barrel is really bad here. Real time, I was thinking this guy folds way too much and I thought I could get him to fold a T or even JJ while drawing to the straight if he calls. I also was thinking I don't want to give hands like AJ, AQ, AK a free card.

If he check/jams the turn on me, I think I have to call. If he calls and jams a brick or a non J over card OTR, I would have folded to this passive player. Another reason the turn barrel is bad.

If I'm being honest with myself, there is a bit of tilt in my play because the session was going overly well. In this specific case, V went into the tank before reluctantly folding.

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars