€200 NLHE Full Ring: 200NL: A friend in need!

N

nidal55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi! A friend of mine new to poker played this hand and im posting this so that you can share your wisdom and help him out!
Here we go:

Two limpers and Hero opens 100bb deep from the CO with 78ss to $10. BB calls so does one of the limpers. BB is unknown.
Flop is Q72hh both defenders check and Hero bets $15. BB calls.
Turn is an 8. Hero bets $35 and BB calls once more leaving $110 left to his stack.
River is an A. BB leadshoves the $110.
Hero?

Please elaborate in your analysis for every aspect and street since this is going to be extra helpful for a newcomer. Sorry for the format. Thank you so much cardschatters!!

Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop: ok flop: just check turn: just check river: call a small bet if turn or river was not a heart

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Hi! A friend of mine new to poker played this hand and im posting this so that you can share your wisdom and help him out!
Here we go:
$1/2?
Two limpers and Hero opens 100bb ($200?) deep from the CO with 78ss to $10. BB calls so does one of the limpers. BB is unknown.
Flop is Q72hh (two of the Flop cards are hearts?) both defenders check and Hero bets $15. BB calls.
Turn is an 8 (suit?). Hero bets $35 and BB calls once more leaving $110 left to his stack.
River is an A (suit?). BB leadshoves the $110.
Hero?

Please elaborate in your analysis for every aspect and street since this is going to be extra helpful for a newcomer. Sorry for the format. Thank you so much cardschatters!!
Needs more information.

If you hit the "More" button next to "Smilies", there are playing card graphics (at the bottom) to make the hand more readable.:ac4: - and LOLz, they're randomized like the emojis. :marchmell

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop:
You played an aggressive line, although your start was a little deep, since you can generate strength with standard sizes. But if you were looking for a fold of the btn and isolate yourself with the limpers, probably a little more size would have better chances of achieving it. Anyway, as well as these, you can expect more comfortable calls to 3bets that do not require too much investment from your stack. With that hand, you should commit less than 25% of your stack to 3bet calls, to be on a safe line of play.
Flop:
Board of dry texture. I think your continuation bet is correct in size and a little less would be better, since you may face an opponent, who carries many odds. Things like flush draw + top pair.
But you could also be with a more conservative villain, who could get rid of at this time, soft hands that fail a lot, on a board like this. (as an example JTo; T9; K6; 4-4; 3-3; T-6; 5-9)
So I would be inclined to bet around 60-65% of the pot.
Turn:
You completed your doubles, while many hearts for the villain failed. You are currently favorite about possible gutshots, openendeds + flush draw and top pairs. You block half of the possible sets, so you have everything in your favor, only surpassed by Q-8; 7-7 AND 2-2.
It is a good time to place a great blocking bet. They will probably call you sometimes with better hands, but if you started this aggressive line, you should prevent many rivers from appearing, which will favorably impact the villain's range.
River:
The ace is a street a little bad in this case, now increases the possibility of better doubles. At this point, the villain's rank is integrated by better doubles and also by many bluffs that failed on the turn.
If we think about the Ax, we only have 3 combos that hit our hand. The rest are semi bluffs and many middle hands that are below our range. Without information from the villain, I think it is a decision to think about. But considering the whole sequence of this hand and my aggressive initiative, I think I would call in this case.
Greetings.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess preflop is OK. Limping behind also isn't bad, as the first players aren't going to fold. On the river, I'm thinking villain may have just hit Aces up. I would try very hard to find a fold there.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here we go:

Two limpers and Hero opens 100bb deep from the CO with 78ss to $10. BB calls so does one of the limpers. BB is unknown.
Flop is Q72hh both defenders check and Hero bets $15. BB calls.
Turn is an 8. Hero bets $35 and BB calls once more leaving $110 left to his stack.
River is an A. BB leadshoves the $110.
Hero?

I'm going to assume we are live since Hero is newer player and V is $170 effective. In all the 1/2 games I've played 5 BB or $10 is a small open and will get action from pretty much anyone who was limping. Somehow we got the SB and one limper to fold so maybe this game plays a little different. In general size up over limpers if we are going to come in for a raise. I would either overlimp if players behind are all weak passive or raise to $15 or so pre to iso or just take the dead money. Making it $10 will almost always result in a multiway pot with 8 high... we have position but still a bad result unless Vs are fit or fold post. 1/2 pot bet OTF is ok, with reads we can size up some on occasion but not if Vs are sticky. Assuming turn is not a heart we should definitely be sizing up turn. At least 3/4 pot if not full pot to charge the flush and straight draws and put pressure on Qx. Donk shove OTR can go either way. I think we are mostly calling here unless we have reads that V is underbluffing and passive. V could be on an A high flush draw and hit the flush and think his top pair is good. V could also have a hand like A7 that got there due to our smaller sizing. Again, reads would help but most Vs are not this disciplined when playing a set. Most Vs are also 3 betting AQ vs a small CO open. Since it's less than a pot sized bet I think we have to defend here with 2 pair if the flush draw missed. If the hearts came in we can let it go.