PokerDev

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Crazy 1/2 cash game at the local club.
5-handed.
I've got $100.
These guys are going in 3 to a flop at $15 each every other hand.
Every other hand is going all-in it seems.
So, maniacs.
I'm UTG, have AKo.
I raise $6, knowing things will get crazy and wanting to maybe trap.
Button raises to $15.
SB raises to $40.
BB folds.

Now what?
Is SB just bluffing?
I call.

Flop comes QJ8 rainbow.
SB goes all-in, has me covered.
I've got $60 left.
What to do here?

J

julianjjboy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Quickly think, you have $60, and the pot is $136(if you win), you need pay $60 to win $196, then think about your outs, its worth to call this shove..

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
shove pre... you have the read their maniacs and regardless of that we are 5 handed as well.

folding flop feels weak and id rather avoid tough spots on flop... shove is less stressful and right

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well the first thing to do is buy in full stack.
I'd be very happy getting in pre with those images

You've just put 40% of your stack with AK high on a 4bet pot as the passive. would be pretty hard to manuever most flops.

On the flop it's a call cause you have the equity

http://www.pokerstrategy.com
Board: QdJs8c
Equity Win Tie
MP2 31.15% 11.73% 19.42% { AKo }
SB 68.85% 49.43% 19.42% { JJ+, AQs+, AKo }

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
+1 to what Alucard said.

Not playing at 100 BB is one of the worst things you can do to yourself. Also, don't understand the part about "raising to 6 maybe wanting to trap." Making a raise while trying to trap is an... interesting... concept.

P

PokerDev

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I posted this in several places and these are the best answers by far.

It's like you guys know how to poker or something.
;)

Thank you!

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Crazy 1/2 cash game at the local club.
5-handed.
I've got $100.
These guys are going in 3 to a flop at $15 each every other hand.
Every other hand is going all-in it seems.
So, maniacs.
I'm UTG, have AKo.
I raise $6, knowing things will get crazy and wanting to maybe trap.
Button raises to $15.
SB raises to $40.
BB folds.

Now what?
Is SB just bluffing?
I call.

Flop comes QJ8 rainbow.
SB goes all-in, has me covered.
I've got $60 left.
What to do here?

So, as you posted I'm folding here to the shove on the flop with just A-high. If anyone hit that flop then I am drawing thin and they may have some of my outs.

But if it was me in your shoes - I would have shoved preflop. You said it yourself, raising to trap or something....lol I might even table my hand as soon as there is no more action so the whole table can see that they called your AK pre-flop shove w Q7 suited or whatever.

It's sort of a tough spot to figure out exactly what is going on at a wild table and that is why I would shove and table the cards. If he beats me he beats me. But now the villain(s) get to see my premium hand and how lucky they got. And if I need to I'm digging deep in my pocket for another rebuy.

Good luck !

T

Tuan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You call this bet because the odds is there and because versus a maniac, I like my AK here; we could hit our card and win out right. It didn't make sense to me at pre flop play, for $100 buy in versus maniac raising $15 every pot, here is what I would do: First, you go all in with all your high hands pre flop because in this game the variance is high so there are a lot of bad beat. Second, you never call with AK because its premium hand, just go all in. Third, you don't call their raise and try to out flop them, instead you should just move all in because maniac don't fold 76s or something like 10Js.

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah preflop is really the biggest sin here. To echo Alucard and TJ, play full stacked, but also don't just call pre. When the SB makes it $40, we just can't sit here and care about whether he's bluffing or not - this is the inflection point in the hand. You have $100 in front of you, $6 of it is in the middle, and there's already $60 collectively out there. This should be a spot you salivate over.

Go all in preflop over the $40. There won't be many better spots than this for it. As played this hand is super awkward but I guess I'm probably not folding now in case he's bluffing or the weird times where we have 10 clean outs cause he loses his mind with 99 or something.