€200 NLHE 6-max: Floor 2 pair and get jammed on turn with no flush or straighten draws

M

Mattb619

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
€200 NLHE 6-max: Floor 2 pair and get jammed on turn with no flush or straighten draws

3 Linpers preflop before cutoff raises to 6€ small blind calls and bigblind (hero) call as well as two limpers. Flop comes Ac 3s 6s. Hero has As3d. Checks around to original raiser in cutoff who makes it 11€. Sb folds hero calls 2 players behind fold. Turn comes 9c hero checks and villan moves all in covering hero by about 300€. I have about 100€ and villan has recently sat down and playing rather aggressive. I wind up calling and he has A9. Is there anything I could’ve done differently or is this just a common cooler?

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Check-calling 2 pair in a multi-way pot? This IS A MUST BET SITUATION! You have to bet this flop! Chase away draws and weak aces that could turn a better 2 pair.

As played, the turn is a call. This looks like his attempt at buying the pot, tbh it sorta looks like it is for sale. Checking the flop and the turn is a NO. Seriously. Are you trying to slowplay?

Aggro is key. Im not saying that he will fold A9 on this flop, but he might at least think about it. You need to be playing much more aggressive.

lsbenn

lsbenn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You let him see the turn by just calling. You should have 3 bet in this situation atleast make him think about it. It may not have changed anything but you put pressure on your opponent and improved you table image.

G

Gildog89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would generally fold A3o preflop here.

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop is reasonably on the close side with multiple players in the pot but I would lean pretty strongly toward folding it when offsuit.

On the flop I'm fine with the initial check, but I'd definitely be check RAISING. The board is wet, we rep and can have bluffs here, and there are tons of worse hands that will continue against us. We may even just get it in against a lot of the original raiser's higher Ax combos, which is obviously fantastic for us.

As played I'm never ever folding the turn, and yeah, it sucks to lose that hand in that way, but I think the focus should really be on preflop and the flop. Not on whether we can make some heroic (but very bad) fold on the turn.

Full Flush Poker