$200 NL HE Full Ring: Surely I didn't butcher this?

Did I butcher this?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • He's a fish

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • You're a donk

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
T

Thats4KingAce

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Game
Hold'em
Game Format
No Limit
Stakes
$1/$2
Table Format
Full (8-10 seats)
AF
Currency
$
100bb effective, I open LJ KQo 2.2, HJ flats, button squeeze 9.3, I make it 21.3, button flats.
Flop J47r, x/x, turn T, I jam for 1.5x pot. Button tank calls off 88... and holds.
Thoughts?

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I would have just folded pre, but I assume you are using KQo as a 4 bet bluff? I think post flop is ok, and I would expect 88 to fold all day long, so surprised you got a call. Maybe the shove looks bluffy so perhaps a small cbet then shove might have got more folds or small turn bet and shove river.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, you got every street wrong. Should have been a fold 95% of the time pre-flop, and on the flop it should have been a range bet. Turn is really gross since you're conveying you have a draw and you're going to be looked up by a wide range.

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
In my preflop charts I don't use KQo as a 4bet from LJ, but in reality it could be 4bet with small frequency. I think it's fine. However, your sizing is a bit too small for my taste. You could 4bet with that sizing if there was no cold caller and villain 3-bet to 7.5bb for, but as it played out in the game I think you should have 4-bet to 24bb. On the flop multiple strategies could be used. Check is definitely GTO approved, but is it the reason you are checking? Range bet with small sizing should work really well in this spot. Turn shove is fine.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
From my point of view, the range of V(BU) is super strong in preflop. He doesn't seem to want to bluff very much when he squeeze.
Checking the flop is a valid option, since in this dry texture it is very likely that V will enter call station mode. The range bet is also good, since we have interesting blockers.
The turn is bad for our range, since we now have AK; AQ; KQ which allows him to play the villain wider and bluff catching more of the time.
Greetings.