Game Format
No Limit
Stakes
$1/$2
Table Format
6-max (6 seats)
Currency
$
It is a 200z hand at pokerstars, has showdown, 3bet pot, stacks go in. The question is: Is this a cooler, or is it standard?

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Interesting hand. At lower stakes you could argue AK is overplayed here betting 3 streets with a possible straight and sets available, but I think at 200z players are more aggressive and go for thinner value so I think a cooler. Also not much point checking river as sets will just shove and you call.

Are you one of the players in the hand?

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It is a 200z hand at PokerStars, has showdown, 3bet pot, stacks go in. The question is: Is this a cooler, or is it standard?

Preflop it was okay, although of your polarized 3-bet versus BTN (villain open to 2.5x and hero 3-bets to 4-x).
On the flop your c-bet was also okay and on the turn it follows the same idea. I think you had the idea of going all in on the river in spite of another hearts, or a jack or any other outcome.
No problem I see in your move, I would just had bet a little less on the river.
If we get on the river holding top two pair, which hands would you be expecting to extract value?
Anyway, it looks like a cooler but it’s a standard hand.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
What range did you have the Villain on. The Ace flop didn't startle him so he could have a big ace, then 77 and TT or some sort of 2 pair or a flush draw. After the K on a the turn and he still continues aa set becomes more prominent. Aggression whether betting or calling informs us. Would this player continue this way without a very big hand?
He set mined with great implied odds, hit his set and continued getting value. Standard play.

rastapapolos

rastapapolos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
The preflop/flop/turn/river action is pretty standard, and the hand is a standard one.

Mr_Kk13

Mr_Kk13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting hand. At lower stakes you could argue AK is overplayed here betting 3 streets with a possible straight and sets available, but I think at 200z players are more aggressive and go for thinner value so I think a cooler. Also not much point checking river as sets will just shove and you call.

Are you one of the players in the hand?
I am not one of the players in the hand, I play much lower stakes in PokerStars, 2nl and 5nl, at least for now. After I finish my session though, I open some high stakes tables, as well as 200z(because several 500z regulars play there these days), and watch hands. And every hand that goes to showdown, I record it with OBS, in order to get study ideas and grow my intuition. And I decided to make a Youtube channel where I will upload these hands, and this is a first one.
I was wondering if the hand is a cooler because at microstakes it would be reasonable to at least consider folding when you have 77 here. Also, my thoughts were exactly as you said.

Mr_Kk13

Mr_Kk13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop it was okay, although of your polarized 3-bet versus BTN (villain open to 2.5x and hero 3-bets to 4-x).
On the flop your c-bet was also okay and on the turn it follows the same idea. I think you had the idea of going all in on the river in spite of another hearts, or a jack or any other outcome.
No problem I see in your move, I would just had bet a little less on the river.
If we get on the river holding top two pair, which hands would you be expecting to extract value?
Anyway, it looks like a cooler but it’s a standard hand.
"I am not one of the players in the hand, I play much lower stakes in PokerStars, 2nl and 5nl, at least for now. After I finish my session though, I open some high stakes tables, as well as 200z(because several 500z regulars play there these days), and watch hands. And every hand that goes to showdown, I record it with OBS, in order to get study ideas and grow my intuition. And I decided to make a Youtube channel where I will upload these hands, and this is a first one." - What I answered in another comment.
If I was the player with AK, I would hope to extrac value from worse Ax that would have played like that, especially the ones that block the nut straight with their kicker while not holding a heart

Mr_Kk13

Mr_Kk13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What range did you have the Villain on. The Ace flop didn't startle him so he could have a big ace, then 77 and TT or some sort of 2 pair or a flush draw. After the K on a the turn and he still continues aa set becomes more prominent. Aggression whether betting or calling informs us. Would this player continue this way without a very big hand?
He set mined with great implied odds, hit his set and continued getting value. Standard play.
"I am not one of the players in the hand, I play much lower stakes in PokerStars, 2nl and 5nl, at least for now. After I finish my session though, I open some high stakes tables, as well as 200z(because several 500z regulars play there these days), and watch hands. And every hand that goes to showdown, I record it with OBS, in order to get study ideas and grow my intuition. And I decided to make a Youtube channel where I will upload these hands, and this is a first one." - What I replied in another comment.
For these stakes, I believe it is standard yes, in microstakes, you can at least consider folding with 77 I believe

Mundug

Mundug

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello all! If player play 100NL its pro or semipro?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Seem like a very standard cooler spot to me. The turn card kind of roped SB in, since he now beat the other two pair combos. He only lose to TT, 77 and QJ, and QJ should really only be QJ of hearts after calling the flop bet. Its also BTN vs. SB, so ranges should be wide, and I think, its completely fine for SB to try to go for the whole stack with AK. Hands like AQ, AJ, AT, A7s can still make a hero call on the river. Just unfortunate for SB, that he ran into it. And well played by BTN to just call down in position with bottom set.

Mr_Kk13

Mr_Kk13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello all! If player play 100NL its pro or semipro?
Mostly I believe it is about the hours you dedicate in the game on a consistent basis and if you use the game to pay the bills. Of course, you can dedicate your whole day to poker and play 2nl, but you are not a professional. I believe if you play 200z and above and you use it to pay the bills, and trying to move up the stakes, then you can considered a professional. I believe the threshold is around 100nl, but depends on the country you are as well.

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I assumed that one player has two pairs and he will lose a set or a straight, experts say that everything is played correctly with AK, but I would stop at the river, with two pairs