$20 NLHE Full Ring: TPTK vs FD all-in on the flop

M

megl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He're a hand i played on ipoker, doubt began creeping into my mind as to whether I played it correctly, especially regarding my betsizing and if my push was right. Comments please!

IPoker Network $20.00 No Limit Hold'em - 10 players
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter
UTG+1: $10.00
UTG+2: $19.80
MP1: $19.20
MP2: $18.77
MP3: $11.52
Hero (CO): $15.88
BTN: $21.45
SB: $23.79
BB: $9.11
UTG: $5.12
Pre Flop: ($0.30) Hero is CO with Q A
UTG calls $0.20, 5 folds, Hero raises to $0.80, 1 fold, SB calls $0.70, 1 fold, UTG calls $0.60
Flop: ($2.60) 3 4 Q (3 players)
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $1.95, SB raises to $4.22, UTG folds, Hero raises to $15.08, SB calls $10.86

Last edited by a moderator:
pokerman27

pokerman27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Give us some info about the villain? Stacking off with TPTK is villain dependent...also why are you not playing with a full stack?

M

megl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villain is 33/15/3.2 over 81 hands, seems to be selectively aggressive postflop, I sense he is a strong/capable player and I have not seen him make any strange or big moves. I believe he is capable of "raising for information".

I'm at 80% stack because I just lost a hand or two and had not have the time to top up yet (yes I know... use auto top-up :cool: )

pokerman27

pokerman27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villain is 33/15/3.2 over 81 hands, seems to be selectively aggressive postflop, I sense he is a strong/capable player and I have not seen him make any strange or big moves. I believe he is capable of "raising for information".

I'm at 80% stack because I just lost a hand or two and had not have the time to top up yet (yes I know... use auto top-up :cool: )

What was your plan then with 3 betting AI on the flop? Did you want him to fold or were you looking at getting more value in thinking you're ahead? What do you think you're villain is going to call you with?

Somebody else can come in now and tell me I'm looking at it all wrong...

pokerman27

pokerman27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also your stack size before the hand doesn't seem to match you're betting - you seem to have bet more than is in your stack?

EDIT: Ignore me I'm being stupid - have been working since 4am and my brain is fried.

ben_rhyno

ben_rhyno

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He're a hand i played on ipoker, doubt began creeping into my mind as to whether I played it correctly, especially regarding my betsizing and if my push was right. Comments please!

IPoker Network $20.00 No Limit Hold'em - 10 players
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter
UTG+1: $10.00
UTG+2: $19.80
MP1: $19.20
MP2: $18.77
MP3: $11.52
Hero (CO): $15.88
BTN: $21.45
SB: $23.79
BB: $9.11
UTG: $5.12
Pre Flop: ($0.30) Hero is CO with Q A
UTG calls $0.20, 5 folds, Hero raises to $0.80, 1 fold, SB calls $0.70, 1 fold, UTG calls $0.60
Flop: ($2.60) 3 4 Q (3 players)
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $1.95, SB raises to $4.22, UTG folds, Hero raises to $15.08, SB calls $10.86
Hero raises to $0.80+ Hero raises to $15.08 = Hero (CO): $15.88 Lolz

Also, I don't mind the flop 3-bet I think he would probably be raising this flop with 88-JJ and KQ here, and maybe some flush draws like 56dd or nut flush draws, and you're only crushed by a set/AA., but I'd certainly be concerned when he calls your shove.

pokerman27

pokerman27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Also, I don't mind the flop 3-bet I think he would probably be raising this flop with 88-JJ and KQ here, and maybe some flush draws like 56dd or nut flush draws, and you're only crushed by a set/AA., but I'd certainly be concerned when he calls your shove.

If you read my post properly you'll see I corrected my error...Lolz indeed.

No Brainer

No Brainer

Losing keeps me sane
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

He may be raising with that but what is he going to call our shove with? Sure we may get a few folds from the hands you mention but if we ever get called we are almost never ahead.

rssurfer54

rssurfer54

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villain is 33/15/3.2 over 81 hands, seems to be selectively aggressive postflop, I sense he is a strong/capable player

lol at 33/15 being strong or capable.

Bet smaller on the flop. As played I think you should call raise. ch/f turn. ch/c river His range seems pretty much only sets, kq, and bluffs (3.2 is pretty aggressive, i dont think pp lower than jj raise the flop). If I was in game I probably played the same as you though :)

LizaBuv

LizaBuv

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not to far off this guys stats at 26/15 at NL5. Playing a 33/15, I could possibly see him going with the flush draw but I could see him having flopped his set if he indeed was "strong and capable". If he is one of those players who plays loose for the small money but tight for the big money, he could have just fooled us into thinking he was just an all round loose player (could expect a set if thats the case). Would be nice to see further stats so we could evaluate further. This is kind of how I like to play, loose for the small money and tight when the big money goes in. It tricks people and gets under their skin a bit when constantly being attacked.

Not expecting KK or AA due to the preflop dynamics but is possible. At 33 vp, would be impressive if this guy was actually turning a profit.

ben_rhyno

ben_rhyno

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He may be raising with that but what is he going to call our shove with? Sure we may get a few folds from the hands you mention but if we ever get called we are almost never ahead.
Yeh that's what I meant once we are called we are either drawing dead/slim
or only slightly ahead

ben_rhyno

ben_rhyno

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did initially but i didn't realise we'd been check raised, now i'm not so keen

P

papatango123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if im playing well i fold to his raise on the flop for sure as its mostly a set hes not check raising with 99-jj to that amount ever. The rest of the time he has a flush draw.
im not calling as it looks to weak.

M

megl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for all the inputs folks!
Villain was actually on a flush draw, and I lost the hand when he spiked a 3rd diamond on the river.

Points taken: My shove very quickly becomes unprofitable assuming villain calls only with hands that beat me; if I think I'm ahead and call instead of shoving I have multiple options on the turn and still have fold equity on my turnbet if villain's hand doesn't improve on the turn.

Still, I guess villains call of my shove is the correct move by him given the odds, so that renders my shove incorrect. Next time I'll try to control mu urge to shove :)

Last edited:
rssurfer54

rssurfer54

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for all the inputs folks!
Villain was actually on a flush draw, and I lost the hand when he spiked a 3rd diamond on the river.

Points taken: My shove very quickly becomes unprofitable assuming villain calls only with hands that beat me; if I think I'm ahead and call instead of shoving I have multiple options on the turn and still have fold equity on my turnbet if villain's hand doesn't improve on the turn.

Still, I guess villains call of my shove is the correct move by him given the odds, so that renders my shove incorrect. Next time I'll try to control mu urge to shove :)

If hes calling with flush draws, you should be shoving this every day.