Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
is it irony or what? where is the "whales" after the boom?
3x preflop in utg+1 with A7h is questionable (I can't find this hand in any utg+1 range in internet) lucky guy.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is a marginal open, and folding is probably better for new players, who have difficulties getting away from top pair meh kicker. However an AI program like PokerSnowie actually like opening more suited aces and broadways, than most traditional hand charts suggest from EP, so according to Snowie this hand is an open.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Excellent your game. Against sticky villains you should print the entire value from the flop. And A-7s is a very good opening from UTG because it connects with 70% of a board of medium-low structure. So NH and 6max? :)
Greetings.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Whoooot???

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/524xu2NtW

You cant find good games these days. Even in the micros everyone is solid.

Hello fundiver199, thank you for sharing. Everyone at the micros is solid...as water! LOL
This is a very lucky hand versus recreational players who called preflop with dominated aces.
However the UTG also made the same mistake, by raising a very dominated suited ace OOP, such as A7hh.
What happens here is that both broken stack MP-1 and SB were dominating UTG+1 preflop range, MP-1 with A9, and SB with AT.
Second the fishes should not be re-raising OTF because UTG should/will have more AJ, AQ, AK and even AA on its range.
With all due respect this seems like a player who was bored to death and decided to raise A7s out of position (at a full-ring table) and got lucky on a very specific scenario.
What is going to happen here on the vast majority of flops is that we will be burning money when we don't hit top two or trips, and even when we do hit these hands we are in very close spots.
We are raising A6, A7, A8 and A9s from UTG just to make a flush and that I cannot accept as a good move.
PokerSnowie might recommend as well to play these hands out of position, however the algorithm doesn't know the reality of the micros/mid-stakes.
Perhaps at higher limits such as 500 NLHE and more, we can be raising these combos versus real thinking players. At the micros it is just fancy and beautiful to see when the variance is on our side.
Anyways, I don't love to open these combos but since you hit top two and your opponents massive whales, well done, nice hand and good game.

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For sure this was a very lucky flop for me. But when you play against people, who make massive mistakes postflop, you will sometimes get rewarded like this, and therefore it is actually profitable to play a few more hands. But mostly my point with the hand is, get in there, have some fun and build your bankroll, as long as this poker boom last. Its still a small sample, but I am seeing near 20 BB / 100 since the outbreak of virus, and hands like this is a large part of the explanation.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
For sure this was a very lucky flop for me. But when you play against people, who make massive mistakes postflop, you will sometimes get rewarded like this, and therefore it is actually profitable to play a few more hands. But mostly my point with the hand is, get in there, have some fun and build your bankroll, as long as this poker boom last. Its still a small sample, but I am seeing near 20 BB / 100 since the outbreak of virus, and hands like this is a large part of the explanation.

Terrific! Having information about the table dynamics, it is pretty okay to be doing so, and you are right, enjoy the poker boom as long as it takes and a 20 bb / 100 winrate (depending how many hands you played) you are more than destroying the field.
If you have so huge a winrate at 16 NLHE, make a bankroll and move up as soon as possible because you are way ahead of anyone of the field.
IMO, a 5 bb / 100 at 25 NLHE we are destroying everyone and playing godlike, also a pretty decent income per month. So 20 bb / 100 is above God, congrats and keep killing spread on the pool! :D
Well done!

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa

C

Casey55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3x preflop UTG RFI with suited aces is GTO, it’s a fine play no? It’s in all the GTO charts I look at, nut flushes win big hands

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
3x preflop UTG RFI with suited aces is GTO, it’s a fine play no? It’s in all the GTO charts I look at, nut flushes win big hands

Yes and personally I prefer to open more A-7s from utg than A-Js because it has less interference with higher boards with AKs; AQs; KQ; KK; QQ. While that the times than we are behind with A8; A9; AT makes up for it when the board is leveled with larger streets that we don't block and lows gutshots. However, I agree with Carlos that to play micro/low and even some mid-stakes full ring games, A-7s OOP are still below. However if you know how to play it it can be profitable, especially if you select the tables you participate in well.